BillyBedrock

Nevada Prospecting clubs

12 posts in this topic

Aloha Bill,

What perfect timing! GSSN is having a meeting 2/3 with someone from the nevada mining operations giving a speech on gold bearing areas throughout Nevada. this one should be very informative if you are looking for places to hunt for gold. They will meet at 6:30 pm at the VFW meeting place in Henderson. Dont know the immediate address but you can contact them today via their email at gssnclub@aol.com for info. See you there hopefully.

Aloha,

Stan aka Kaimi

Thanks Stan,

I wont make it to the meeting.

I have not yet joined GSSN although I plan on it (very reasonable). I'm going to be in the Mill City area for a couple of months this spring and want to detect, without doing my geological homework.

I know... best laid plans and all that.

Bill

Bill--Weaver Mining has claims--Les Bender used to sell the passes--don't know if he still does it or not, but I'd imagine that they still have someone that does, and they were always reasonably priced.

All the best,

Lanny

not sure if all of these are current:

Comstock Gold Prospectors Club, PO Box 20781, Reno, NV 89515

http://www.cgpgold.org/

Gold Searchers of Southern Nevada, PO Box 96732, Las Vegas, NV 89193-6732; (702) 393-GOLD

http://www.goldsearchers.info/

Nevada Miners & Prospectors, 4070 Bigelow Dr, Carson City, NV 89701

Silver State Detecting Club, 315 Claremont, Reno, NV 89502

Join the Gold Searchers and you can rub elbows with Boo-Coo & I beleive Doc Louisgant is also a member, I haven't kept my membership current since I moved from Pahrump, it used to be a going org! with some good active members.

Max

Thanks to all,

So far I'm on the waiting list at Comstock.

And of course I pay the GPAA dues every year.

I've got lots more work to do now, thanks for the names,

Bill

Sorry Bill--don't know what I was smokin' when I posted the info on Weaver--that's Arizona, not Nevada--and your clearly asked for Nevada. My apologies, :stupidrb:

Lanny

Sorry Bill--don't know what I was smokin' when I posted the info on Weaver--that's Arizona, not Nevada--and your clearly asked for Nevada. My apologies, :stupidrb:

Lanny

No worries,

I like Arizona allot. Seems that as I get a bit older, Oregon rain and cold make me wish I were in a more temperate area.

Providing the cost of fuel does not go much higher than it is right now, I will be able to visit Arizona next winter.

I appreciate the club information; never know where a nomad like me may be in the future (lovin' retirement).

Bill

Great! If you get a chance next year--get to Arizona--it's got a patent on an incredible, haunting beauty I've never experienced anywhere else. I hope you get some gold in Nevada.

All the best,

Lanny

Bill, where in Nevada are you located?