Goldfinger

Whites GMZ Gold Detector

9 posts in this topic

Hi Guys-

Won a new Whites GMZ gold detector thanks to Allen in MT's - NW Montana Gold Prospecting Club. :thumbsupanim

Anyone have any experience with this detector? Tips welcome. Also- how would this do on meteorites? :hmmmmm: Any ideas??

Steve

Here ya go Steve, http://media.whiteselectronics.com/manuals/GMZ%20Manuals/gmz_manual.pdf

Don't know anything about it personally as I am a Minelab user, but Whites makes some good detectors....

Hey Steve:

thanks for supporting the club by buying the raffle tickets, was hoping someone from this forum would win something. Have fun and enjoy it.

Go to this site and then click on Documetation and there are 2 field reports, one by Jim Klein and the other by Chris Gholson

Allen in MT

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmz.html

From what I've read about the GMZ it's a GMT without all the bell and whistles but operates much the same, I look forward to your reports of how well it works, Congratulation!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

Skip

Hey Steve:

thanks for supporting the club by buying the raffle tickets, was hoping someone from this forum would win something. Have fun and enjoy it.

Go to this site and then click on Documetation and there are 2 field reports, one by Jim Klein and the other by Chris Gholson

Allen in MT

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmz.html

Hi Allen-

Thanks for the links. :thumbsupanim Looks really easy to use. :hmmmmm: Since I am partial to using small coils, all I need now is a 6 inch coil and I'll be ready to go.

Steve

From what I've read about the GMZ it's a GMT without all the bell and whistles but operates much the same, I look forward to your reports of how well it works, Congratulation!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

Skip

Hi Skip-

It's going to be awhile before I get to use it since I don't live anywhere near the gold fields so any reports on it will have to wait for the time being.

Steve

Hi Guys-

Other then Kellyco, who are the other online discount metal detector dealers? Can't seem to find a 6 inch coil at a reasonable price.

Steve

The GMZ was designed by Dan Geyer at White's as a very reasonable entry level gold only detector... Thus since most gold is low conductive it is also designed for seeking such as small 14-C ear-ring posts and toe-rings at the beaches. It is availabe through any

local White's dealer. It currently comes standard with the elliptical 10-inch "DD" coil but the other GM coils also fit.