Terry Soloman

14K Day in New York!

12 posts in this topic

Managed to get my business meeting done by 11:00am, and headed over to a sports field along the mighty Hudson River I have been trying to get on since October. It is at a private college, and I had to make a lot of phone calls, meet with three different administrators, and jump through hoops to finally get permission. Well, it paid off big time!

I wasn’t on the field five minutes when I got my first gold ring of 2012! I popped it at 4” and - as always, could not believe it! Pretty little 14K knotted band. I continued to hunt for the next two-hours, and covered less than an eighth of the field. I ended up with a 1941 Wheat penny, more 1965 quarters (so close!), a couple of key rings and more assorted crud.For a two-hour hunt I am thrilled! Nobody has ever detected this field, and I can take my time and just grid the devil out of it.

Can't wait to get to Arizona next month and get me a nuggie!

post-22152-0-48658900-1330030810_thumb.j

post-22152-0-73400000-1330030837_thumb.j

post-22152-0-29554000-1330030852_thumb.j

post-22152-0-21411300-1330030870_thumb.j

Dang I thought you found a whopper diamond with that catchy title. but good on ya!

Great find Terry, congrats on the gold...

Dave

Dang Terry...you are kickin butt and takin names!!! :wubu:

Aloha Terry,

Isnt it great when time spent getting the proper permission is "paid off in gold". Plus you have shown these people that there are those of us out there that are willing to take the time to get permission before digging.

Good on you!

Aloha and stay well,

Stan aka Kaimi

Thank you so much everyone! My wife moved the ring from my finds box to her jewelry box faster than a fox pounces on a field mouse! Funny how that seems to happen!

post-22152-0-23130600-1330132167_thumb.j

GOOD ON YA TERRY, BUT,....... now put that coin finder on the shelf an git yer Gold Nugget machine tuned in for Az.

Thank you so much everyone! My wife moved the ring from my finds box to her jewelry box faster than a fox pounces on a field mouse! Funny how that seems to happen!

post-22152-0-23130600-1330132167_thumb.j

Sweet finds Terry! Yeah...you gotta watch those wimmin! :D

Way to go, Terry! Persistance pays off when you can finally get access to virgin territory and have it all to yourself. I'm thinking you have just touched the tip of the iceberg. Keep us posted!!!

Paul