Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jerico

Selling gold jewelry...... where to get most money?

17 posts in this topic

Hi, I wasn`t sure where to ask this so I am asking here :tisk-tisk:

I have a piece of huge 10k gold jewelry that weighs approx 6.5 troy ounces.

Online value calculators say its worth around 4200 spot.

I was offered 2850.00 at a local coin shop. Obviously I would like more than that :rolleyes:

Is there a place you can ship it to or somewhere else to get max value closest to 10 k spot?

It is 6.5 ounces so I think i can do better. I not hurting for cash but they are saying gold is in for a downturn soon and I might want to let this go.

Any suggestions would be helpful...... Thanks

Jerry

Send it to AAA Metals, They are a very trusted refinery in Portland. I have used them more than once. That way, you will be eliminating the middleman in these kind of deals and get the absolute best price!

http://www.aaametals.com/

Thanks for the link El Dorado..... as always your extremely helpful.. Thanks again and I will call them tommorrow.

I finally went to ARA in Dallas TX. http://aragold.com/

some time back both with scrap and placer. Never been a problem, and I can calculate real close to what I can expect if the piece is a full 10kt and not under karated. NO refining fee and you get 98% of spot at the day it is finished, or you can bank it for a later payment in hopes that the price will rise, or you can lock it in when you send it, if it goes down you get the price you locked in for, if it goes up you still get your locked in price. Alot of places won't deal with just 1 piece.

I buy alot from pawn shops here and never had a problem with ARA.

Looks like he was only paying a little over 65%.

Thanks Allen, I will have to compare maybe. It is 10 karat but has some stones all over it but the coin shop didn`t care about the stones as they are not worth anything so he said. Thanks for the link too!!

Thanks Allen, I will have to compare maybe. It is 10 karat but has some stones all over it but the coin shop didn`t care about the stones as they are not worth anything so he said. Thanks for the link too!!

Alot of the refiners won't return stones, if you do send it in try to remove the stones yourself, that way wou get a better weight as to what you have. I buy from the pawn shops and pay 80% and that is with the stones and it usually takes awhile to get enough weight to send in to make it worth while. The under karating is the big thing in todays gold jewelry, unless it is custom made.

good luck.

Update..... I went with AAA metals and could not be more happy. These guys more than exceeded my expectations as far as price.

They will be my go to guys in selling my gold, absolutely. Highly recommend them. Thanks El Dorado for the link...owe you a beer!

Jerry

I'll take it, we have two bars in Foresthill!

Jerico...you better have sold atleast an ounce just to cover El D's bar tab!!!

garimpo likes this

You got that right bucket....El D. is the only person in the whole world that has a BIG atv with a DC/AC

converter hooked to a refrigated KEG of beer bolted on the back instead of a gun rack!!!! :D:brows::th:

:thumbsupanim And the problem is????????? :idunno: John

No problem Eldorado, would love to buy you a beer sometime soon. Kind a looking at property up there to buy for rental.. bonus if its gold bearing land :cool:

It would be interesting to have a few with you and BS about goldmining.... thats always fun!!!

Jerry

AAA Precious Metals is a great company...

I've used them for many years - never sorry!

Ron in WA

No problem Eldorado, would love to buy you a beer sometime soon. Kind a looking at property up there to buy for rental.. bonus if its gold bearing land :cool:

It would be interesting to have a few with you and BS about goldmining.... thats always fun!!!

Jerry

Just let me know when you are heading up this way......

AAA Precious Metals is a great company...

I've used them for many years - never sorry!

Ron in WA

Hey Ron, welcome to the forum...

Yeah Ron... glad you followed Hoser to a real great forum! Glad to see you here!

I've been lurking here as a member for almost 5 years...

I love the pictures and hope someday to go south and swing my detector :)

Ron in WA