frank c

Congrats Ben F.

10 posts in this topic

Congrats Ben on the find and Metsoc listing. :ROFL::thumbsupanim :wubu:

Dave

WTG Ben!

Hey Ben, Fantastic!!!, A 28 grammer, allright!!! If you get a chance, could you post a pic. It would good to see. Anyway, Congratulations!!! Clifton

Hi All,

Thanks Guys,

I'm happy that it finally was approved for the bulletin. The hard part was finding someone to classify it. Two septembers ago, a person from ASU's Meteoritics Department actually held it in their hand and declared, " This really IS a meteorite!", which I already knew. But, they were quick to tell me that they were NOT accepting any new material for classification. I had approached two different representatives from the U of A's meteoritics program on two different years at the annual Tucson Show, and they didn't even care to look at it. To be fair, NONE of the three universities in my state are accepting material for classification. So, I started with out of state universities, and had even researched out of the country labs. It was a real learning experience about the "meteorite community", politics, and science. I will gladly offer advice to anyone finding themselves in a similar situation.

Ben