jezzys

CLAIM JUMPING?

66 posts in this topic

Jezz,

Do you hold the same standard to intellectual property, software piracy, copyright infringement, game poaching, watermelon snatching?

HOW BOUT YER NEIGHBORS WIFE JIZZZZ ???? :ROFL:

Yer right Frank -- he's a wanker fer sure.

I dont think pulling a gun on someone over mineral tresspass is going to go over very well in court.

No but you can take them on a walk about and watch them Break a Leg or two.

Hell, Maybe you help them do it.

Your Word against the Trespassers.

Edited by homefire

I dont think pulling a gun on someone over mineral tresspass is going to go over very well in court.

Citizen's arrest. You can hold them until the athorities arrive.

lol, All of you are blowing this way out of proportion. I have never juumped a marked claim with proper identification as per the law and taken anything. I have called the listed contacts and asked for permission, it was an observation of what tends to be happening around the country though. Most people do not label their claims with anything other than a post that has fallen over more times than not and none of them have any information listed. I stay well within the boundaries of the law at all times and just about everyone of you has proven my point about the paranoid world we live in.

Oh I see you had a point to prove... Well glad to have helped there pard.

Actually the posts get shot up and yanked out on a regular basis.

Still its no excuse for not known the status before you poke your digger in.

...and now he wants us to provide claim and filing info?

When pigs fly. :5bat:

I didn't have choice, I was in the middle of nowhere, on my claim, found this stranger, I politely said hey! and he approached me angrily with that "potentially deadly weapon" (shovel) in his hands. I felt like my life was in danger, drew my weapon, he continued to approach, I didn't have a choice. sorry

Edited by rockhunter1620

I didn't have choice, I was in the middle of nowhere, on my claim, found this stranger, I politely said hey! and he approached me angrily with that "potentially deadly weapon" (shovel) in his hands. I felt like my life was in danger, drew my weapon, he continued to approach, I didn't have a choice. sorry

Drop 'em like a hot rock. :brows:

jezzys

I am not buying your story. You could have done the right thing ,and said you were

seeking information ,so that you could prospect legally. Your paranoid story doesn't

fly either. Most claim owners have had lots of trouble with people looting their claims

and leaving them with a mess to fix. They tear down signs,corner posts,drive where

they are not supposed to, and leave the damage for the claim owner to fix.

Personally I am sick and tired of putting up with a bunch of common criminals and pigs

pretending to be prospectors. We have darn good reason to hate lowlife scum that

are too sorry to do things the right way. There is no excuse for being a thief,and I will

prosecute any I catch to the full extent of the law,and file for damages. After your stunt,

you have lost all credibility as an honest prospector. We are not paranoid because, all

of us has experienced dealing with skunks that are greedy,and so worthless that they

would rather steal than find their own spot.

Most of us will just let the law handle claimjumpers, but there is a few out there that will

shoot. Breaking the law works both ways, how do you know that which type claim owner,

that you are going to run into?

Edited by sawmill
Steel Pan and pennigold like this

He obviously knows nothing about the marking requirements for mining claims or how to locate the info.

Normaly I help newbies with the ins and outs of claim locating and marking and its not an easy task but there are 100's of sites and information

available, some people you can't help. There is no cure for stupidity.

Anyway where does it say that claim markers must be continously maintained?

Max

Excellelent posting sawmill :yesss::4chsmu1:

Max

"

Most of us will just let the law handle claimjumpers, but there is a few out there that will

shoot. Breaking the law works both ways, how do you know that which type claim owner,

that you are going to run into?"

lol, All of you are blowing this way out of proportion. I have never juumped a marked claim with proper identification as per the law and taken anything. I have called the listed contacts and asked for permission, it was an observation of what tends to be happening around the country though. Most people do not label their claims with anything other than a post that has fallen over more times than not and none of them have any information listed. I stay well within the boundaries of the law at all times and just about everyone of you has proven my point about the paranoid world we live in.

Paranoia has nothing to do with the issue of claim jumping.

I, as well as a lot of others here, put a lot of time and effort into discovery, working, and maintaining our claims.

For someone to blaitantly encroach on our "private mining claims" is no better than the punk down the street who thinks the gas in my vehicle or the belongings in my house are up for grabs.

I have no prob with someone fishing, hunting, or hiking on my claim, they still have that right as it is still concidered public lands, BUT, the minerals are mine. I catch anyone jumpin' my claim and I'll take 'em down one way or another. :cowboypistol:

Your statement, "Most people do not label their claims with anything other than a post that has fallen over more times than not and none of them have any information listed.", is just not so. All you have done is show your lack of knowledge on the whole subject.

You're not funny, just a frickin' jerk and lucky I can't get a hand on ya, I'd B-slap ya for bein' so cocky.

Nuthin' I hate more than a liar and a thief.

I think you should be banned for your stupid stunt. :5bat:

Edited by Steel Pan

Frank,

I hope I never wind up in a situation like that. Even if I had to actually pull the trigger.....The guilty conscience would stick with me, justified or not. Its crazy to imagine......

Frank,

I hope I never wind up in a situation like that. Even if I had to actually pull the trigger.....The guilty conscience would stick with me, justified or not. Its crazy to imagine......

Hey Adam, first off, no man, it ain't so crazy to imagine, especially where I live. Just north of me, 'bout 20 miles up the interstate there's a sign by the roadside that says "city limmit". North of that sign lays a big, giant crap hole the locals call the "D", where 300-400 UNsolved homicides occur every year. And the police chief gits on the TV and anounces that he's disappointed with the all the citizens that have a "NO snitch" mentality, at the same time, the rest of his entire police force openly admit that they can never have ANY respect fer someone who snitchs no matter what person or crime their snitchin on.

I, fer the most part, also hope I never am in a situation where my lifes in genuine danger and I have to use lethal force to defend it, but make no mistake, I will not hesitate. And I will not feel guilty.

Firearm ownership is a huge responsibility, at the same time, it's equivalent to owning a fire extinguisher, that is, you hope to never need, but you'll be glad you did if there's ever a need. I believe I have enough common sence to decide whether a situation warrants the use of force, if I'm ever in that type of situation, which will probably be never, I hope. But I can't rule it out completely.

It will always be better to have a couple extra tools and never need em, than it would be to find yerself suddenly havin a need and bein without.

RH post-25539-0-57844500-1358339517_thumb.j

This thread is nearly comical. I mean that by the example this douche waste has proven to be both ignorant and stupid within the confines of just a few hundred words.

It makes me sad to admit I was born and raided in LR to see thus kind of nimrod coming out of there. Certainly justifies why I left that pit of rotting waste 20 years ago... as fast as I could and have only been back twice - a family member funeral and a near-funeral for my sister (bad MC accident).

You know I don't claim jump and don't think digging in someone else's hole it right at all unless permission granted as far as claims go I don't think it's really too fair for someone to be able to have a 140 acre claim and the only workings of it is a 3ft by 3ft hole I don't believe it's too fair for the younger generation to not have the ability to ever prospect it just because we were born at a later date....there are alot of areas I would love to try my luck out at but that ain't gonna happen.... just my opinion

Dusty....

I think if you put in a bit of research, there will be many good opportunities to get yourself a good claim. The new fees from the BLM are going to end up with many not paying and having those claim voided by the BLM. Research the large association claims....

"You know I don't claim jump and don't think digging in someone else's hole it right at all unless permission granted as far as claims go I don't think it's really too fair for someone to be able to have a 140 acre claim and the only workings of it is a 3ft by 3ft hole I don't believe it's too fair for the younger generation to not have the ability to ever prospect it just because we were born at a later date....there are alot of areas I would love to try my luck out at but that ain't gonna happen.... just my opinion "

Life is like that and Yes some time it's Not Fair.

Those guys with the 140 acre claims worked to have that.

If you Work, You too can have one.

Not saying that the guys didn't do research to find the area but when they are just pick and shovel miners it isnt feasible to claim that much land when it isn't possible to cover that much ground....I've researched more than the average prospector in the area geology reports to historical data an know what areas are richer than others but to never get the shot at them sucks....lots of ground in the area but it's either claimed, considered historical area,doesn't produce or too deep of overburden...I know where gold is all over the area but would you rather have a very poor area for gold or a very rich........ I've got an area but it considered a wetland is there anyway you guys know to overthrow that to get a claim on it? Just wet grass and couple of tiny ponds no marine life seems like all the best ground the governments got haha

Have you contacted any of the Claim Owners?

You may be suprised how many will let you work there claim.

Some will as for a Percent.

Some just want reports of finds and locations.

Some will tell you where to find the gold and give a few day pass.

Like said, with the New Claim fees a pile are going to be opening up.

Some alread did as of last September.

Do you know your way around LR2000?

Yea the lr2000 seems to be outdated I miss the old geocommunicator before Obama screwed with it...hoping the claims to open up I gotta check the table platte this spring at the blm office over in the next county might get lucky an land something.....but as far as fighting the government over the wetland it just seems like it will be a loss before I begun lol