Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rocmoc

Gold Bug 2 Coils, which ones?

10 posts in this topic

Test swung the Gold Bug 2 and I am going to purchase. Question is, Which Coil/Coils (6", 10" or 14")?

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

Without hesitation -- the 6.5" coil. A GB2 rules the micro-world and the 6.5" will get you the micro nuggets. The 10" and 14" do not maximize the GB2's strong suit. If you want to go deep get a Minelab with a large coil.

I have the 10" and the 6"...... I like the 6" Best

Joe

Coil comparison: NOTE: Under the 10" coil for 1 oz nugget that must be a typo and meant to be 10" not 1" depth

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/field-tests/GoldBug2FieldTest.pdf

Edited by Joe Z

6 & 10 rock my world. 6 amazingly sensitive and ez to work bouldery/trashy areas. 10" punches a mite deeper and great for the beach and alkaline soils and STILL very sensitive to small gold when balanced right.--John

Test swung the Gold Bug 2 and I am going to purchase. Question is, Which Coil/Coils (6", 10" or 14")?

Thanks,

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico

My answer is all three....no doubt in my mind. I normally swing the 14". It finds a lot of meteorites for me. I also swing the 10" but not as much as the 14. It also has found a lot of meteorites.

I seldom swing the 6" but I know it would find the small surface stuff much better. Only issue with it is you have to swing like a helicopter blade to cover much area. So, each coil, for me, has a different purpose. But if I only had one choice, it would be the 14" coil. I have and use 3 GB2's.

Jim