Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Soloman

Minelab in Africa

10 posts in this topic

I enjoyed the video....nice to see some have a vision of finding gold and are doing it. !8 Kilos ....dang !! lets form a group of forum members and do a trip to Faso.....I want some of that gold ..

That was interesting!

Now I know why I'll be purchasing all my equipment from Bill S.

That guy near the beginning of the show dry panning with the big brass bowl sure was spinning some dirt.

Bill Southern likes this

Guys - I've been to Burkina Faso and found gold there. The country is the same size in square miles as Nevada, with more than 10 times the population.

An interesting place indeed, and lots of gold too. But not a place for tourists.

Everyone speaks French or some of the local African tribal dialects. Virtually no one speaks english.

Parlez-vous Francais? If not, you will need a translator to even order food in a restaurant.

Just as a point, the ground in the goldfields is not too hot for a VLF, though there are some hotrocks. There is trash spread everywhere, some places in the gold fields there is heavy trash all over. If I return (and its a good possibility) I'll be using a good VLF. The nugget I found (we spent very little time actually detecting) was detected with a GB Pro.

post-187-0-50218000-1390627591_thumb.jpg

Edited by Reno Chris
Bill Southern likes this

I have some friends who have gone to Sierra Leone for many years detecting and dredging. Africa is sketchy and human life cheap,diseases galore and definately for the younger set. Although ol' Grubstake(not this one here) has gone over many times and has some nice diamonds and gold but takes years off your life doing it.....John

garimpo likes this

Chris, looks like you made some good friends too!

In Africa I was a very old man. Because of disease, poverty and the fact there are very few doctors or hospitals, most people die before they reach my age.

The average age of the population in the USA is like 37 - because most of us live about twice that long, into our 70s or 80s.

The average age in Burkina is around 20 - because most people die when they reach their 40s.

Hence, at age 55, I was a very old man.

A very eye-opening video. Looks like the pictures of the old gold rush days in the USA, everyone claiming a little patch of ground to dig.

Loving that Chris.... COOL