dennis@grizzlygoldtrap.com

Grizzly Gold Trap sluice replaces Bazooka

18 posts in this topic

A new, improved model of fluid bed sluice that replaces the Bazooka sluices (which are no longer available) is hitting the prospecting market. Visit their web site at grizzlygoldtrap.com to learn more about the new fluid be sluices.

explorer-model1.jpg

nugget108 likes this

16 hours ago, dennis@grizzlygoldtrap.com said:

A new, improved model of fluid bed sluice that replaces the Bazooka sluices (which are no longer available) is hitting the prospecting market. Visit their web site at grizzlygoldtrap.com to learn more about the new fluid be sluices.

explorer-model1.jpg

http://www.bazookagoldtrap.com/

You are playing a dangerous word game, especially if you are a principal in Grizzly Gold Trap..

The Bazooka Gold Company is very much still in business and it is only they, the second holders of the original patent, to legally and officially use the term Bazooka and/or Bazooka Gold Trap.. Prior to Bazooka Gold Company, the word / term "Bazooka" was used as a nickname / slang..

Methinks you might have crossed a line or two.. You may wish to re-think your strategy and/or re-word your statement in regard to the other company.. Just sayin'..

Swamp    

Kind of looked like spam to me but when I saw the comment about the other manufacture, I thought WOW.....

Patent is expired. Original Bazooka Gold Company (Todd) is no longer shipping finished units.

I don't know the makers of the Grizzlygold trap but hopefully they will actually fulfill their orders in a reasonable time frame. Lack of production and delivery killed the original Bazooka.

Swampstomper Al and Au Seeker like this

1 hour ago, clay said:

Patent is expired. Original Bazooka Gold Company (Todd) is no longer shipping finished units.

I don't know the makers of the Grizzlygold trap but hopefully they will actually fulfill their orders in a reasonable time frame. Lack of production and delivery killed the original Bazooka.

Thanks for the factual updates..

Swamp

clay likes this

For what it worth I sorta thought when I approved his membership here that the only reason Dennis joined the forum was to promote his product and therefore it is SPAM, I have allowed his topic to remain for the time being because the "Bazooka" design is a good one and I hope he does well and provides a good product and customer service, I also let this topic remain to help him get the word out to people who would like to get a "Bazooka" type sluice....BUT if he doesn't SOON become a contributing member here other than to promote his product this topic will go away along with his membership!!

As it is he hasn't been back since he posted this topic so it not looking good for him at the moment!

clay, Mike Furness and LukeJ like this

I recall an underwater dredge that was called "The Bazooka". Been a long time since I've seen any ads for it.

clay likes this

Funny, when you go to the Bozooka site, it says their sluices ship in 7 - 10 days.

Yep the Bazooka Gold Trap website is up and they are taking orders.

Never said otherwise.

8 hours ago, clay said:

Original Bazooka Gold Company (Todd) is no longer shipping finished units.

7 - 10 days was never a reality. Good sluices.

Nuff said?

Thanks for clearing that up for me Clay.

clay likes this

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this forum, we are quite busy launching products - not an excuse though. The patent on the Bazooka sluice ran out years ago. Originally, we tried numerous times to talk with Todd (maker of Bazooka line) about taking over the Bazooka line- he would never communicate with me, others, and after a while, even his previous employees. You all know of course that they stop manufacturing the sluice in 2016, unfortunately, after taking a lot of peoples money and never shipping products. I talked with his two employees several times and communicate with Jarod (one of the two) frequently. It was a sad day for all of us Bazooka sluice uses (yes I bought one a while back) when they were no longer making them. I actually started out trying to find someone to pick up the baton and continue making them, but did not come up with anyone. We have spent the last 4 months working with an engineer in fluid dynamic to make improvements to the fluid bed design. My goal in starting Grizzly Gold Trap is to keep this community of users going strong, to continue developing and improving the fluid bed sluice technology and products, and add new members to the existing and awesome group of prospectors using and supporting fluid bed sluices. Regarding shipping products, we will keep a supply of sluice models packaged and ready to ship within 2-3 day of receiving orders. Our fabricator (the sluices are thermoformed) is local and can make runs of 50 units within week of our request. We will be doing our best to continue to improve the fluid bed design and to support our community of users. Regarding becoming a supporting member, we have become supporting members of other forums (such as TreasureNet) and am happy to consider becoming one on this site. We were not aware that our post violated any forum rule and definitely did not want to create any issues with members.

Swampstomper Al likes this

Regarding the old Bazooka site, the site is a cloud site and according to one of the previous employees, will disappear some time in the near future. They (the employee, also disabled the Buy button so that no more orders could be placed.

Dennis, thanks for dropping back by and explaining your position and venture, and the info on the "Bazooka" downfall.

Bill Southern the owner of this forum doesn't allow other vendors to advertise or post their website links on the forums because he has a prospecting supply store and website and as such would be cutting his own throat so to speak by allowing other vendors to advertise here.

That being said I have allowed your post to remain because your not a prospecting supply venture per say and only sell a certain specific product which Bill doesn't sell, but he does sell products that are similar as in regular sluices.

Bill may have another say in this, I would suggest that you contact him via phone or text and see what ya'll can work out, he may be interested in selling your product on his website or allowing you to advertise your product here, that would be between you and him, as well as your postings remaining on the forum.

In the meantime I will contact him to let him know you may be getting in touch with him to see what ya'll can work out.

Bill's contact number is 1-623-910-0345, tell him Skip said to contact him for ya'll to discuss, etc.

Skip

clay and Swampstomper Al like this

I, too, have a couple of Todd's Bazooka's.. They (fluid beds) are probably, if not definitely, the best method of sluice recovery given a specific circumstance -- that being a flowing water location top-loaded with flood gold (the term 'flood gold' includes embankment gold entering a waterway via normal erosion processes as well..)

Combined with a shovel having built-up sides makes for a tough duo to beat..

Swamp

Hey Swamp,

I really enjoyed my time using the fluid bed sluices also. Gotta love the ease of setup and clean-outs - drop it in the stream, set angle, secure with a few rock and your good to go!. With clean-outs only taking a minute, you can really run material through it. Couple of photos from my last outing...

dennis-feeding-sluice.jpg

field-testing-4.jpg

Explorer_Au.jpg

Swampstomper Al likes this

On 5/22/2017 at 9:29 PM, Au Seeker said:

Dennis, thanks for dropping back by and explaining your position and venture, and the info on the "Bazooka" downfall.

Bill Southern the owner of this forum doesn't allow other vendors to advertise or post their website links on the forums because he has a prospecting supply store and website and as such would be cutting his own throat so to speak by allowing other vendors to advertise here.

That being said I have allowed your post to remain because your not a prospecting supply venture per say and only sell a certain specific product which Bill doesn't sell, but he does sell products that are similar as in regular sluices.

Bill may have another say in this, I would suggest that you contact him via phone or text and see what ya'll can work out, he may be interested in selling your product on his website or allowing you to advertise your product here, that would be between you and him, as well as your postings remaining on the forum.

In the meantime I will contact him to let him know you may be getting in touch with him to see what ya'll can work out.

Bill's contact number is 1-623-910-0345, tell him Skip said to contact him for ya'll to discuss, etc.

Skip

Thanks Skip, will contact Bill...

Au Seeker likes this