• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 29 Prospector

29 Prospector

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts
  • Interests:Mining, prospecting and fishing. I enjoy playing with the grandkids and going places with my wife. If I'm not prospecting then my wife and I are doing something, going somewhere or just hanging out.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:19 AM

Hi everyone. I talked to my old partner last night and he said that the strewn field is east of town. I've attached a google Earth picture of the Apox. area given to me by him. Hope this helps. George told me that the locals have been finding some nice pieces.

O'29er
The 29 Prospector(aka Bob Dunkin) WSPA #22

"Man is the only creature endowed with the power of laughter; is he not also the only one that deserves to be laughed at?"

-Lord Greville

[/size]

#2 SoCalNovice

SoCalNovice

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Magic, Fitness, Newly Attracted to Propecting.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 04:11 PM

I'll see you guys there this Saturday 077.gif ! If the locals can find them, so can I. Thanks for the information O'29er yourock.gif !!
SoCalNovice

#3 visitorEARL_*

visitorEARL_*
  • The Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:05 PM

SoCalNovice

That area is probably one of the hottest deserts in our state. With record heat right now, I hope you have a lot of water and are in extremely good physical condition, otherwise you could parish out there right now. Best to hunt that area in the winter months.

#4 SoCalNovice

SoCalNovice

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Interests:Chess, Magic, Fitness, Newly Attracted to Propecting.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

Earl,

Thank you for your concern. I'll plan to hit the sand early in the a.m. I'll see how hot is gets, and if I can't handle it, I'll go have about a 3 hour lunch in Bouse until it cools down. I always go well prepared with lots of water.

I am set on going, there isn't much that will change my mind POsmiley01.gif ; if anyone wants to make sure I stay really safe, you could give me perfect coordinates to the known location of the strewnfield so I don't waste valuable energy trying to find it laught16.gif laught16.gif .

Take care,
Scott

#5 dwheadstone

dwheadstone

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
  • Interests:Hunting for meteorites

Posted 28 June 2007 - 09:49 PM

Hey
I told you SO !
To late so sad !

And it's DAM HOT NOW!

#6 visitorEARL_*

visitorEARL_*
  • The Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 08:38 AM

"Bouse until it cools down". laught16.gif This is expecially funny. "Cools" shouldn't even be used in the same sentence as "Bouse". The heat may relent a little at night, but it is still HOT. laught16.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users