• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MookieStick

MookieStick

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests: Forrestry service passport in time digs for shure!

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:16 AM

I will be heading up to the lake today for some serious metal detecting! They have been lowering the lvl of the lake for a while now to fix the dam. The lvl is at a place now that the old foundations to the original city are exposed. Another cool thing is that the marinas have had to move as the lvl decreased. we will be beeping al the old marina sites also.
I ill be on the north shore by Wafford Hights. I will also be beeping arround Kernville. If your interested in joining my friends and I we will be there till about 5. we will have two Gaarmin Rhino radio gps. we will be on channel 1 if the radio chater is much then we will add code 20 to filter the crap.
With that hopefully we will find something cool today:)
Gordon

#2 Kaimi

Kaimi

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching, metal detecting for gold,hidden caches, and meteorites. Taking pics of the Desert during Sunrise/Sunset is also a passion of mine.

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:34 AM

Will all the drought condition throughout the USA you should be able to come away with enough stuff to pay for gas plus maybe even a car. Unfortunately we cant use a metal detector here at Lake Mead cause it is a State Park. I know of a couple of areas that have been hit with very good results and it was about 40 feet from the waterline.

Good luck and make sure you take a BIG sack for all the goodies.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi
Ka'imi

Pronounced: Ka-e-me

#3 MookieStick

MookieStick

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Interests: Forrestry service passport in time digs for shure!

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:49 PM

Well we beeped the kernville site it turns out. As ussual we found the local museum to be extreamly helpfull. Unfortunatly we found ourselves there after we hunted. In a way kinda like putting something together before you read the instructions :)The museum was great because it showd us what builduings we were searching arround plus it let us know the street makup along with what extra building were in the area.
The only thing that was col we found was a narrow guage railway spike. I was using the new explorer ad was being very spacific about what to dig this way Iwasnt making my knee mad. The one thing I came to the realisation of was that i need to get a larger head for the explorer so I can cover area more quickly! god I love my 16 inch head for the gpx :) Gordon

#4 Kaimi

Kaimi

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,856 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching, metal detecting for gold,hidden caches, and meteorites. Taking pics of the Desert during Sunrise/Sunset is also a passion of mine.

Posted 06 December 2007 - 11:46 AM

WOW, I surprised on the lack of items being found out there. Maybe you were just hunting in the wrong areas? hmmmmmm.gif
I would still go back and try other areas. Good luck and happy hunting.

Aloha, Stan aka Kaimi
Ka'imi

Pronounced: Ka-e-me

#5 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,215 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 23 December 2007 - 07:57 AM

Sounds like your having a ball Gordon. Glad to see you posting a bit more as I enjoy hearing your adventures!

Bill

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users