1 reply to this topic

#1 adam1mc

adam1mc

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:37 AM

Has anyone ever heard of or tried the Thio-Leach product that is offered on GoldMineWorld.net?
http://www.goldminew.../thioLeach.html

I'm thinking of trying it out but not sure how I would extract the metals once they have been leached.

#2 visitorbedrock bob_*

visitorbedrock bob_*
  • The Guests

Posted 06 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (adam1mc @ Apr 6 2009, 10:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Has anyone ever heard of or tried the Thio-Leach product that is offered on GoldMineWorld.net?
http://www.goldminew.../thioLeach.html

I'm thinking of trying it out but not sure how I would extract the metals once they have been leached.

Tiourea is a good leach, but you should know the chemical processes and the principles behind it. Unless you have several pounds of concentrate that has a proven gold value it will not be profitable. It is much better to sell these concentrates to a refiner and spend the money than it is to set up a leaching process.

There is a lot more too it than just buying a bag of powder to leach with. There is equipment and time involved, as well as the inevitable learning curve. There is a hell of a lot of info out there on Thiourea and I would suppose that this product is a variant of this. Dont even consider it until you have a very good mental picture of everything that is involved and know exactly the values and chemical properties of the concentrate you intend to process.

I can make more gold and a better profit by throwing the fine gold back on the ground and digging the coarse gold, rather than spending time and money with leaching processes. If you just cant bear to trow it out, save it and sell it to a refiner after you have stripped all of it out by hand that you can. That is just my advice after years of trying various processes (that work). I usually spent hundreds of dollars and recovered tens of dollars. When I had several hundred pounds of rich by product it would have cost a pile to leach it, so instead I sold it for a neat profit and spent my time digging gold rather than dealing with a string of 55 gallon barrels of toxic mess.

The answer to your question would either be electrolosys or zinc wool. I believe that is how you would ultimately recover your values using Thiourea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users