• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Detecting, Panning, Fishing and Other Weird Stuff!

Posted 09 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Any one getting out to Hillsboro New Mexico has to stop in and talk to Jeff.

He has a little out of the house shop just west of the the River.

Sign on fence.

He put me on gold dirt this weekend and is a most square man.

Sells detectors, Dry Washers and some keen stuff.

Yep! Seems like the real deal!

I went to one of his locations and we found color in every bucket.

Just color but Color. My digging was the only problems!

Got hot by 10:00 and had to UndElay.

Yep! Check Him Out if your in the Area! coffeetime.gif

#2 h20prospector

h20prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (homefire @ Aug 9 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any one getting out to Hillsboro New Mexico has to stop in and talk to Jeff.

He has a little out of the house shop just west of the the River.

Sign on fence.

He put me on gold dirt this weekend and is a most square man.

Sells detectors, Dry Washers and some keen stuff.

Yep! Seems like the real deal!

I went to one of his locations and we found color in every bucket.

Just color but Color. My digging was the only problems!

Got hot by 10:00 and had to UndElay.

Yep! Check Him Out if your in the Area! coffeetime.gif

Homefire,

Know the shop your talking about. Was in Hillsboro Tuesday after Easter this year. Stayed at a motel in T or C for the week (inexpensive!); long drive from Colorado Springs though. Friend I met on this forum has a claim east of town (about 11.6 miles west, off the freeway) and I dry washed and detected. Found some small coarse gold & I agree with you that it is hot there! Second day at his claim, must have walked 5 miles nugget hunting and got burnt pretty bad on the hands and neck. Though I was putting on sun screen, but it was regular lotion; like putting gas on a fire! The town was too touristy though and their prices reflected it.

h20prospector

AP "Pat" Watters
26 year AF veteran
Colorado Prospector
Gold Bug 2 and Minelab SD2200V2
Avid fly fisherman
GPAA & LDMA lifer

#3 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 10 August 2009 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (h20prospector @ Aug 10 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Homefire,

Know the shop your talking about. Was in Hillsboro Tuesday after Easter this year. Stayed at a motel in T or C for the week (inexpensive!); long drive from Colorado Springs though. Friend I met on this forum has a claim east of town (about 11.6 miles west, off the freeway) and I dry washed and detected. Found some small coarse gold & I agree with you that it is hot there! Second day at his claim, must have walked 5 miles nugget hunting and got burnt pretty bad on the hands and neck. Though I was putting on sun screen, but it was regular lotion; like putting gas on a fire! The town was too touristy though and their prices reflected it.

h20prospector

I don't know too many people that would offer to lone you a Demo dry washer, Put you on the dirt and say go at it! Bring it back when your done!

To me, that's Good People! Dang, I have a spot open to me now that a had not before. We didn't have the time to try the dry washer all we did was grab some

Dirt and scadadle home.

Next time I'm there I'll dig a bit higher! Theres a good looking black steak just above were I was.

#4 visitorbedrock bob_*

visitorbedrock bob_*
  • The Guests

Posted 12 August 2009 - 01:41 PM

Yeah, he is a pretty good guy alright... he and a few friends tried to jump my claim last year. Ill bet that he took you to the El Grito to drywash too. Wicks Gulch from the box downstream? Past the windmill, over the hill and back up into the old camp on the Wicks? Big fireplace? Skeleton hanging from the tree?

Hey Homefire, if you are ever up that way again you are welcome on the Wicks Gulch, just let me know. Those fellows are actually good people, but they have a way of winding up on other people's claims. Just a word to the wise. No one really takes offense, and I am not saying that is how it went this time, but beware where you are digging with those guys. I have 100 acres that folks just LOVE to hygrade and say it is "their claim". I have given him permission to dig a little there and I have been told that this has been interpreted to mean he can take anyone out there that he wants to. I will be talking to him about that tomorrow afternoon. No quarrels, but I have to reclaim all the old digs and it gets to be a PIA with a few dozen folks thinking it is a free for all. His claim is up on Animas Mountain and is in dispute. One fellow owns almost ALL of the other claims with gold on them. Chances are it was my claim that you were digging on, or at least that is what I am thinking.

If you ever want a spot to dig just PM me and I will see that you get on as good a spot as Hillsboro has to offer.

H20 - You are welcome back any time too! Just bring the SPF-50 instead of the basting brush and crisco oil! darn that was a burn!

Bedrock Bob

#5 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:22 PM

OOOOOPs!

PM Sent!

Skeleton was kinda freaky!

#6 visitorbedrock bob_*

visitorbedrock bob_*
  • The Guests

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:37 PM

So, if anyone goe to Hillsboro and talks to Jeff, and he takes you to MY claim and tells you it is O.K. just let me know. I am going to talk to that hygrader tomorrow and put a STOP to this BS.

If any of you Nuuggetshooter members want to go and try in Hillsboro, just shoot me a P.M. and we can work it out. I LOVE to have responsible folks come out and drywash and have no problem with recreational stuff. On the other hand, if I come over the hill and you have not got permission I will kick a hole in your ass big enough for my dog to jump through and then call my cousin Ron Brown who is the Sierra County Sheriff and let him take over from there.

Nuf said.

Bedrock Bob

#7 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 03:02 PM

Well! It seems I just got Educated!

Thanks Bob.

innocent0009.gif

#8 sonnysnewlife

sonnysnewlife

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,492 posts
  • Interests:Take my love, take my land <br />Take me where I cannot stand <br />I don't care, I'm still free <br />You can't take the sky from me <br />Take me out to the black <br />Tell them I ain't comin' back <br />Burn the land and boil the sea <br />You can't take the sky from me <br />There's no place I can be <br />Since I found Serenity <br />But you can't take the sky from me...

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (bedrock bob @ Aug 12 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, if anyone goe to Hillsboro and talks to Jeff, and he takes you to MY claim and tells you it is O.K. just let me know. I am going to talk to that hygrader tomorrow and put a STOP to this BS.

If any of you Nuuggetshooter members want to go and try in Hillsboro, just shoot me a P.M. and we can work it out. I LOVE to have responsible folks come out and drywash and have no problem with recreational stuff. On the other hand, if I come over the hill and you have not got permission I will kick a hole in your ass big enough for my dog to jump through and then call my cousin Ron Brown who is the Sierra County Sheriff and let him take over from there.

Nuf said.

Bedrock Bob

Dont forget the Nickel, My Friend!

All kidding aside, I betcha Homefire didnt know or he wouldnt have gone.

Both Rush and Glenn are right.
I AM LEGION

#9 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:48 PM

Just goes to show you don't do crap without a Paper Trail!

No more He says it ok stuff for me! coffeetime.gif Huh_anim].gif

#10 visitorbedrock bob_*

visitorbedrock bob_*
  • The Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

The fellow in question got an earful and a card from the deputy sheriff that handles that area on Friday afternoon. He denies that he has taken or directed anyone to my claim. I dont particularly believe him, and this is not the only report I have had about him. From speaking with him he has no idea who to ask or how to go about finding a spot to work. It seems to me he is just a highgrader all the way down the line. This is just my opinion from the few brief dealings I have had with him and may be completely wrong... But there is my opinion.

There are 2 prospecting ooutfits in Hillsboro and rather than mention names this is NOT Ted Frnch's Packwasher outfit.

No one has permission to drywash at the El Grito placer claim in the Wicks gulch, and no one but myself can offer permission. The entire Wicks gulch is claimed from top to bottom and so is almost every other acre of the Hillsboro area. I know the few individuals that hold 99% of the placer ground and I can tell you that there are very few acres that you could gain permission to work. There are a few club claims from the El Paso GPAA (I believe) that have good gold and this may be a way to do some work in Hillsbooro without some research. Of course, anyone that needs advice can certainly ask and I will probably be able to give them a name of the claim owner in just about any area there that they would like to get permission.

Homefire, you are welcome to P.M. me before you go next time and I will gladly let you prospect a little. That offer is good for anyone that would like to inquire. I want to know who is there and when at all times though. I welcome any and all metal detectorists, but I really am going to limit the drywashing both in area and in volume. If you are just wanting to run a few buckets from the gulch and benches in the bottom I will have few objections. I have had several Nugget Shooter members inquire and I jsut love prospecting with new folks if my schedule permits. So dont be a bit bashful about asking.

Bedrock Bob

#11 seasigns

seasigns

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Hi Bedrock Bob - my husband, David, and I (Joni) are brand new to drywashing and heading out to Hillsboro this Thursday from Austin, Texas. We would be most grateful for any recommendations you could make as we will have only a few days to spend out there. We are planning on visiting the GPAA Sunrise and Royal Flush claims and trying out our new Keene drywasher. Do you know anything about these claims. The one east of Hillsboro (Royal Flush) looks the most promising of the two based on what little we've learned about geology and finding quite a bit of information about Wicks Gulch and Percha Creek gold mining. Like I said, we are beginners and have only dredged and highbanked along the Llano River in Kingsland, Texas without finding much. We found a lot of black sand and a little dust, but that's about it.

We got the manual model and are wishing now that we had at least gotten the electric motor to turn it! Do you know where we could find one quickly or rent one? I'm new to this forum and am not sure how to pm you. I hope you see this message.

Thank you!

Joni and David Andrews

#12 El Dorado

El Dorado

Proud Vietnam Vet

• Supporting Member
  • 6,484 posts
  • Interests:dredging for gold(still favorite but ?), camping, creating one of a kind jewelry. shootin' guns & finding whopper nuggets with my GPX

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

Seasigns.... Your asking a ghost for info. That's a very old post
El Dorado

#13 Haderly

Haderly

10 Karat Gold Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

Classic thread necromancy.

#14 elder-miner

elder-miner

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

My take on prospecting.

I always have a current claim status LR2000 print-out & BLM Master Title Plat of any township (36 square miles), I may prospect on hand. That way I know the land status & have an idea of what’s claimed, at least to a ¼ section. Before I do any prospecting. Reason being, I don’t want to prospect any ground covered with claims, or not open to mineral entry. Once I do some recon & find decent color. I will get the BLM case file maps of all the claims in any particular area. Just so I know where the claimed up ground is & what’s not. No sense in doing a lot of work finding gold, then (after the fact) discover you cannot claim what you found. Because someone already has.

#15 Hoser John

Hoser John

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 3,926 posts
  • Interests:Dredging,detecting,scuba diving,kayaking,history,getn'n'trouble

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

I ALWAYS hit the county recorders office because the LR2000 is soooooooooo screwed up in kalif soooooooooo much of the time. Every claim and legal action to maintain that claim goes through the recorders office and new filings also that are not listed on blm either-Err on the side a caution always-John

#16 Caliche Chris

Caliche Chris

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

Sea signs, I haven't heard from bedrock bob in a while. I've been hoping to meet up with him myself as he's very knowledgable about the area. I live about 30 miles from Hillsboro. I am out dry washing Monday through Friday in the Hillsboro or caballo mountain regions. I'd be glad to meet up, or at least give you any info about the area you might need. Just drop me a pm on here if you feel like it.

#17 Caliche Chris

Caliche Chris

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:49 AM

I will say though, if your looking for really good dirt, or nuggets , all of those areas have been claimed and are off limits unless you can get permission. I do know a few spots where people are allowed to dig with no trouble, but none of these areas are really rich and if you want to see more than a few specks then be prepared to move some serious dirt.

#18 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

I made a Fool out of my self with this post!   I trusted someone I did not Know.

I did Hit it, I did think every thing was cool.

I did get introduced to the Real Owner of the Claim.

He did Give me Permission to hit it as long as I did not Make a Mess.

I did Hit it.

I Did find a bit of gold that did not pay the Trip.

The Owner has Relinquish the claim and I have no Idea who owns it now.

No I will Not be going back there until I find some open grounds or Discontinued Claims.

I say, Look up the Claims and Ask.   In my Experience most Claim owners will give you a week end pass or what ever and just ask for a report of what you found Where!

All Claim owners are not a bunch of Intiverts  Crazy Folks.   All You have to do is Ask.    What can they say?  Yes or No!   If they say Yes have it in a E-mail or writing in your pocket.

#19 Caliche Chris

Caliche Chris

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:18 PM

Anybody heard from bedrock bob lately? Haven't been able to reach him on this site....

#20 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

Anybody heard from bedrock bob lately? Haven't been able to reach him on this site....

No Bob hasn't been online here since Feb 21th of this year.

Hope all is alright with Bob, but it not the first time he been MIA for this long, so I'm sure he just out in the wilds of NM.

God, Family, Friends, and Gold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users