9 replies to this topic

#1 bcbjim

bcbjim

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 06:24 PM

hi guys, new to the forum and to prospecting. i live in NW alabama and was wondering if any gold has been found in this area. i know gold has been found in east alabama and that about 3-4 hours away. any help would be appreciated.

also is anyone here from alabama?

thank, jim

#2 Micro Nugget

Micro Nugget

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Interests:Finding gold, forensic crime scene metallic evidence, coins, relics & rocks.

Posted 24 December 2010 - 08:41 PM

There's a long time fellow who goes by the forum name of "Alabama". Maybe he will wade in here to help you out.
Martin WSPA#5

Prospecting success, be it for HEARTS, TRUTH or GOLD, takes COURAGE and HONESTY to penetrate through the appearance of things, plus PATIENCE and FORTITUDE to work through the many layers of things of which both nature and human nature are composed.

#3 Hoser John

Hoser John

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 4,161 posts
  • Interests:Dredging,detecting,scuba diving,kayaking,history,getn'n'trouble

Posted 25 December 2010 - 07:09 AM

Treasurenet has plenty of posts and pics of AL.,ARK.,NC,SC,Georgia,even some nice nuggets too-John

#4 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 4,257 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 08:53 AM

Jim,

Unfortunately I haven't heard of any gold being found in NW Alabama, I have the same problem of being 4 to 5 hours away from the gold areas in S.C./N.C. and Ga., I live in extreme SE S.C.

Here is a link found on the internet of some info on Alabama.

http://www.goldmaps...._gold_mines.htm

Skip
God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#5 boogfhu

boogfhu

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:God, Wife, Children, relic hunting, gold hunting, wandering and wondering. SD2200v2 rookie

Posted 25 December 2010 - 04:42 PM

hi guys, new to the forum and to prospecting. i live in NW alabama and was wondering if any gold has been found in this area. i know gold has been found in east alabama and that about 3-4 hours away. any help would be appreciated.

also is anyone here from alabama?

thank, jim

Jim,

I live in N AL, and have been down to the Alabama Gold Camp recently...found a little color.

Chris

#6 bcbjim

bcbjim

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

Jim,

I live in N AL, and have been down to the Alabama Gold Camp recently...found a little color.

Chris

chris, where you at in alabama?

jim

#7 boogfhu

boogfhu

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts
  • Interests:God, Wife, Children, relic hunting, gold hunting, wandering and wondering. SD2200v2 rookie

Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

chris, where you at in alabama?

jim

Jim,
I am in Decatur

#8 bcbjim

bcbjim

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:46 PM

Jim,
I am in Decatur

im in arley a little town in winston county on smith lake. im about an hour away. i am very interested in talking to someone that has been doing this for a while. interested in getting together let me know. thanks, jim

#9 alabama

alabama

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:55 PM

Jim
You are too far north and the geology is wrong if my memory serves me right. Haven't been on the site here in a while so sorry for the delay in replying business and deer hunting was calling. The gold belt swings down through north central GA (Dahlonaga area) and over into east central AL. IF you don't know there is the Alabama Gold Camp in Lineville (they have a group on Yahoo), also there is the North Alabama Chapter of the GPAA that seems to be pretty active they also have a Yahoo Group. Alabama gold camp is on a small river and is good for dredging, sluicing, highbanking. They charge a daily fee and have campground onsite with equipment to rent and the folks seem to find gold there. I would suggest touching base with the NACGPAA (you don't need to be a member of GPAA to join) and seeing what they know about your area. FYI I live down in Randolph County part time and in Houston TX most of the time.
regards,
Tom
Tom

#10 daubster

daubster

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

Chris,

I know this is an old thread but I have a friend living over on sand mountain

and on a recent visit to his place (a week ago) I couldn't help sticking a pan

in the creek near his house. Here are the results of two small pans of material.

(maybe a gallon) Gold is where you find it!

https://picasaweb.go...feat=directlink

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users