• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Patrick in Havasu

Patrick in Havasu

24 Karat Gold Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, dirt roads, sunsets and sunrises. And looking after Shep .....

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:26 AM

In the recent Pick and Shovel from the GPAA, they listed some new claims in Arizona.

Just where do they come from? How can a guy research them? Will the GPAA give up such info?

There are some near me, but I would like to get some insight to them.

Thanks in advance,

Patrick in Havasu.....
Can you imagine what Leonardo da Vinci could have accomplished if he had some "balin' wawr" (wire), a tube of super glue, and a roll of duct tape ?? "I started out with nothin', and I've still got most of it left" ..... Sea Sick Steve

#2 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,541 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Detecting, Panning, Fishing and Other Weird Stuff!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:35 AM

Join them and you get all the info in the Guide.

Maps, Locations the lot.

Were do they come from?

Donated, Bought, Leased you name it.

Posted Image

#3 Roger R

Roger R

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:02 PM

I think Pat is a member
He's talking the new claims in the pick and shovel news letter
All it says in the P&s is that they are in a gold proven area
I have not seen the P&S it's still in Wisconsin
Roger

#4 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,541 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Detecting, Panning, Fishing and Other Weird Stuff!

Posted 02 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

OOOOPS!

#5 Jerico

Jerico

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Interests:Goldmining, metal detecting, shooting, reloading

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:17 PM

If you want to look for gold claims use the BLM`s lr2000 site. This site list every claim in the united states i believe and is great or researching an area. It tells you open areas to claim, claimed up areas, and recently closed claims as well as who owns them with contact info. You have to work it a little bit to understand it but its free and this is how I scored a fantastic claim simply by just researching this site.
This claim was actually an old GPAA claim 15 years ago i went too. This claim was excellent for dredging and still is.

Just yahoo lr2000 and click on website, then scroll down to mining claim map and click on that.

#6 yopauly

yopauly

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Jeeping, Detecting, prospecting, shooting, welding, woodworking, fabricating, loving and living.

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

Go to the USGS store. usgs store
click on map locator. Enable"Show USTopo and "digital maps-beta""
Insert map name from GPAA claim page. Enable "mark points on map" and mark the map by clicking on map. A marker will appear. Click on the marker and a window will appear. Click download and a pdf file will download in a zipped file. Open and play! You'll get a 7.5, 15, or 30 minute map as a download for gratis or pay for a paper map. Maps have surface water, mineshafts and other POI's for you to familiarize yourself with before you get there.

#7 GlennM

GlennM

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 1,804 posts
  • Interests:Why else would I be here?

Posted 02 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

Many GPAA claims are leased from the legal claim owners.
The ones in the new pick and shovel for AZ (especially those near you) are mainly going to be drywasher sites with small sized colors. With the claim name, using the LR2000 and then looking at old names for the claim will allow you to research older status and production amounts/types.
You'll need to look at the district they're located in, instead of just that one claim.

The USGS has a really cool Google Earth add in that has a geological map for the US free for download. That, along with the prospector's pack or similar tool and you can really get some good info on the ground there. Then using the other sources and maybe some visits to the library you can find out more about historical production.
:miner:

Beepin around

#8 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 3,037 posts
  • Interests:NuggetShooting, but it used to be "Younger Women, Older Whiskey"...That's how I stayed this healthy and handsome this long!

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

I've added the new Gold Nugget Road claim to my big Quartzsite area map and created a new map showing the GPAA new claims SE of Parker...Haven't got them up on my website yet but you can PM me about them...Cheers, Unc
Posted ImageUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014
If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#9 SGTFDA

SGTFDA

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Treasure hunting, Guns, Gemology, Guns, History, Prospecting

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

I took a little trip up to the GPAA Vulture Bait LSD claim today to check it out. I had my SD2000GPM fined tuned today for those little bits. Got these 2 at 2" to 3" in the hills. Thanks to the lesson from Bill S on how to pick up those super small targets. Yes super small but my unit picked them up loud and clear. Found a lot of old small lead deeper. Is the claim worth the effort. No. I guess there is something there for dry washers but not so hot for nuggetshooters. You may have some luck in the wash but it has tons of trash in that spot. Funny I noticed no dig holes other than one or two on that claim and I covered it pretty well.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0741.JPG

Frank D Augustine
WSPA #15

The two greatest disappointments in life. One is not getting what you want and the other is getting it!

#10 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:22 PM

I took a little trip up to the GPAA Vulture Bait LSD claim today to check it out. I had my SD2000GPM fined tuned today for those little bits. Got these 2 at 2" to 3" in the hills. Thanks to the lesson from Bill S on how to pick up those super small targets. Yes super small but my unit picked them up loud and clear. Found a lot of old small lead deeper. Is the claim worth the effort. No. I guess there is something there for dry washers but not so hot for nuggetshooters. You may have some luck in the wash but it has tons of trash in that spot. Funny I noticed no dig holes other than one or two on that claim and I covered it pretty well.

Your machine must be tuned real well to pick those up through Bill's foot!!! :rasberry: :rasberry:

Skip
God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#11 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,145 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:57 AM

Your machine must be tuned real well to pick those up through Bill's foot!!! :rasberry: :rasberry:

Skip

Nope wasn't there this time Skip so the "dig here" boot print was not needed.

Good on ya Frank, Goot to see no more pointy toe needed :inocent: ... Didn't see ya and I was out there doing some training with a couple fellers. Would have liked to say hello...

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#12 SGTFDA

SGTFDA

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,401 posts
  • Interests:Treasure hunting, Guns, Gemology, Guns, History, Prospecting

Posted 09 January 2011 - 05:27 PM

Bill that call from the 412 area code yesterday was me. Perhaps you saw my bird sh*t yellow Toyota with a white tool box parked on the road.
Frank D Augustine
WSPA #15

The two greatest disappointments in life. One is not getting what you want and the other is getting it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users