7 replies to this topic

#1 busspass

busspass

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 10:02 AM

Is there any sort of map or list available with GPAA claim locations? I'm very interested in signing up but I dont want to sign up and find out that theres only one claim near me (Idaho, Boise area). Thanks.

#2 bcache

bcache

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Is there any sort of map or list available with GPAA claim locations? I'm very interested in signing up but I dont want to sign up and find out that theres only one claim near me (Idaho, Boise area). Thanks.

Good thinking BP. I know that there are many claims in my area but I have to consider if the claims have been torn up like Patton's army
went by. No dig of GPAA, it is a good club but I like solitude and remoteness. I'm going to ask the question about my concerns soon. Why not go to a meeting and and ask? I don't know If my advise is what you need but you can get a world of info and help on this forum. Just go for it and ask.
Bill C
"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
by Ben Franklin

#3 montana.matt

montana.matt

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:ATV'ing, metal detecting, gold prospecting, camping, fishing, spending time with my wife... Not necessarily in that order!

Posted 22 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

busspass, you could always ask the question on the GPAA forum, too... I have the newest claims book and it looks like there are 2 or 3 claims around the Boise area. I just glanced at it really quickly, so there may be more or less.
Live Free or Die

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help' " - Ronald Reagan

#4 bcache

bcache

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 01:07 PM

busspass, you could always ask the question on the GPAA forum, too... I have the newest claims book and it looks like there are 2 or 3 claims around the Boise area. I just glanced at it really quickly, so there may be more or less.

Your signature quote hits the spot. Wish that Ronald Reagan would resuurect and take over.
"The Constitution only gives people the right to pursue happiness. You have to catch it yourself."
by Ben Franklin

#5 kjq10a

kjq10a

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Busspass,

Try idahogoldprospectors.org. Click newsletter tab. The cover of the newsletter has info on claims near Boise, which this club has available to members.

Good luck

#6 silvervortek

silvervortek

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:camping out and huntin for gold ,lol

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:02 PM

Busspass,

Try idahogoldprospectors.org. Click newsletter tab. The cover of the newsletter has info on claims near Boise, which this club has available to members.

Good luck

the gpaa book is almost the same size as a telephone book. usually when you join the club you get the book which has directions and maps and you get other goodies too.

#7 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,469 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 03:54 AM

Yes just contact a member that may be near you and has the claims book have a look at it and you will find the answer to your question.
Or post the question on the GPAA forum and someone should be able to look up your area and give you the specifics.
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#8 Bucket

Bucket

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Fishing, Video, welding, wood working, quads, you name it....I does it.

Posted 25 January 2011 - 01:42 PM

bcache...Amen brother! dont even get me started on the Gipper, I got more framed pictures of him in my house than i do of my own family.

"A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition, that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

http://www.BucketnBoomer.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users