#1 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 01:22 AM

Hi Guys-

Won a new Whites GMZ gold detector thanks to Allen in MT's - NW Montana Gold Prospecting Club. :thumbsupanim

Anyone have any experience with this detector? Tips welcome. Also- how would this do on meteorites? :hmmmmm: Any ideas??

Steve

#2 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,117 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:54 AM

Here ya go Steve, http://media.whitese.../gmz_manual.pdf

Don't know anything about it personally as I am a Minelab user, but Whites makes some good detectors....

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#3 Allen in MT

Allen in MT

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Hey Steve:
thanks for supporting the club by buying the raffle tickets, was hoping someone from this forum would win something. Have fun and enjoy it.
Go to this site and then click on Documetation and there are 2 field reports, one by Jim Klein and the other by Chris Gholson
Allen in MT

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmz.html

#4 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 11:12 AM

From what I've read about the GMZ it's a GMT without all the bell and whistles but operates much the same, I look forward to your reports of how well it works, Congratulation!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

Skip
God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#5 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:21 AM

Hey Steve:
thanks for supporting the club by buying the raffle tickets, was hoping someone from this forum would win something. Have fun and enjoy it.
Go to this site and then click on Documetation and there are 2 field reports, one by Jim Klein and the other by Chris Gholson
Allen in MT

http://whiteselectronics.com/gmz.html

Hi Allen-

Thanks for the links. :thumbsupanim Looks really easy to use. :hmmmmm: Since I am partial to using small coils, all I need now is a 6 inch coil and I'll be ready to go.

Steve

#6 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 03:23 AM

From what I've read about the GMZ it's a GMT without all the bell and whistles but operates much the same, I look forward to your reports of how well it works, Congratulation!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim

Skip

Hi Skip-

It's going to be awhile before I get to use it since I don't live anywhere near the gold fields so any reports on it will have to wait for the time being.

Steve

#7 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

Hi Guys-

Other then Kellyco, who are the other online discount metal detector dealers? Can't seem to find a 6 inch coil at a reasonable price.

Steve

#8 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,454 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 08:55 AM

Congrats on having a lucky ticket, let us know how the GMZ performs for you.
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#9 jim straight

jim straight

14 Karat Gold Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Interests:My interests are many; but my focus is Epithermal Placers and Stony Meteorites (AKA Aerolites).

I'm sometimes thought to be a "Maverick" as I think out of the established box and come up with new ideas that are sometimes challenged by others.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

The GMZ was designed by Dan Geyer at White's as a very reasonable entry level gold only detector... Thus since most gold is low conductive it is also designed for seeking such as small 14-C ear-ring posts and toe-rings at the beaches. It is availabe through any
local White's dealer. It currently comes standard with the elliptical 10-inch "DD" coil but the other GM coils also fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users