• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
  • Interests:Caution: Reading Terry’s posts could cause involuntary evacuation or urination; erections lasting longer than four-hours; you may begin to feel gay or believe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body; rare instances of satanic worship and animal sacrifice have been reported.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Managed to get my business meeting done by 11:00am, and headed over to a sports field along the mighty Hudson River I have been trying to get on since October. It is at a private college, and I had to make a lot of phone calls, meet with three different administrators, and jump through hoops to finally get permission. Well, it paid off big time!

I wasn’t on the field five minutes when I got my first gold ring of 2012! I popped it at 4” and - as always, could not believe it! Pretty little 14K knotted band. I continued to hunt for the next two-hours, and covered less than an eighth of the field. I ended up with a 1941 Wheat penny, more 1965 quarters (so close!), a couple of key rings and more assorted crud.For a two-hour hunt I am thrilled! Nobody has ever detected this field, and I can take my time and just grid the devil out of it.

Can't wait to get to Arizona next month and get me a nuggie!
G2.jpg
G3.jpg
G1.jpg
G5.jpg

#2 El Dorado

El Dorado

Proud Vietnam Vet

• Supporting Member
  • 6,221 posts
  • Interests:dredging for gold(still favorite but ?), camping, creating one of a kind jewelry. shootin' guns & finding whopper nuggets with my GPX

Posted 23 February 2012 - 02:07 PM

Dang I thought you found a whopper diamond with that catchy title. but good on ya!
El Dorado

#3 Jerry2197

Jerry2197

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:00 PM

Congrats! This place should keep you busy for a while!

Good Luck!

#4 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 13,402 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

Way to go Mr. T.....using your head in finding those virgin places to hunt....that's hard to do now days...

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#5 DolanDave

DolanDave

24 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Meteorite Hunting, Metal Detecting, using Minelab GPX5000, Fischer Gold Bug 2

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:09 PM

Great find Terry, congrats on the gold...
Dave

#6 Bucket

Bucket

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 1,688 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, Fishing, Video, welding, wood working, quads, you name it....I does it.

Posted 23 February 2012 - 09:26 PM

Dang Terry...you are kickin butt and takin names!!! :wubu:

"A Nation of Sheep, Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, which holds forth the proposition, that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

http://www.BucketnBoomer.com

#7 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 04:19 AM

Terry- Way to go.... :thumbsupanim

Steve

#8 Kaimi

Kaimi

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,845 posts
  • Interests:Geocaching, metal detecting for gold,hidden caches, and meteorites. Taking pics of the Desert during Sunrise/Sunset is also a passion of mine.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 01:21 PM

Aloha Terry,

Isnt it great when time spent getting the proper permission is "paid off in gold". Plus you have shown these people that there are those of us out there that are willing to take the time to get permission before digging.

Good on you!

Aloha and stay well,
Stan aka Kaimi
Ka'imi

Pronounced: Ka-e-me

#9 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,142 posts
  • Interests:Caution: Reading Terry’s posts could cause involuntary evacuation or urination; erections lasting longer than four-hours; you may begin to feel gay or believe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body; rare instances of satanic worship and animal sacrifice have been reported.

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:09 PM

Thank you so much everyone! My wife moved the ring from my finds box to her jewelry box faster than a fox pounces on a field mouse! Funny how that seems to happen!
Goneinaflash.jpg

#10 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,250 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

GOOD ON YA TERRY, BUT,....... now put that coin finder on the shelf an git yer Gold Nugget machine tuned in for Az.
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#11 Desertsunburn

Desertsunburn

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 1,227 posts
  • Interests:The Desert! Recovery - Preservation - Science of Meteorites. Hunting meteorites. Finding Meteorites. Digging meteorites. Studying Meteorites. Holding Meteorites. Reading about Meteorites. I make thin sections and cut meteorites for classification. I assist others in their meteorite testing and classification needs. I really enjoy doing that. Buying gold and silver!

Posted 26 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

Thank you so much everyone! My wife moved the ring from my finds box to her jewelry box faster than a fox pounces on a field mouse! Funny how that seems to happen!
Goneinaflash.jpg

Sweet finds Terry! Yeah...you gotta watch those wimmin! :D

Jim Wooddell

I Buy Gold!

#12 Ant Man

Ant Man

14 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Location:Kingdom of Bahrain and/or Walker or San Diego, California
  • Interests:EX WSPA #55
    EX PCSC

Nugget shooting, beach combing, digging big deep holes, enjoying the great outdoors

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:45 PM

Way to go, Terry! Persistance pays off when you can finally get access to virgin territory and have it all to yourself. I'm thinking you have just touched the tip of the iceberg. Keep us posted!!!

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users