• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

Web Metal Detectionist Recruit

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:cattle,soil mineral profiles,horticulture, wild russian hogs, bbq, "granitoidlian bouldercitacaeaous shinylicious baublite",Bellekeno,REdlake Mining Districts CANADA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:24 PM

I've been finding/reading many prospecting books online. Here's one I am scanning through, presently
http://www.scribd.co...and-Gold-Mining
Posted Image

#2 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,168 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:36 PM

So do you suggest we add a section for this purpose? Could be a good thing....

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#3 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts
  • Interests:cattle,soil mineral profiles,horticulture, wild russian hogs, bbq, "granitoidlian bouldercitacaeaous shinylicious baublite",Bellekeno,REdlake Mining Districts CANADA

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:39 PM

THat's up to you, Bill

I think it could be just a thread on mining/geology references. I thought this area a good place as any to start.

I'm sure others have mentioned good books in the past. I think of this as a particularly good read( it's free).

Maybe there's a similar thread in the forum and I just missed it.

#4 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

http://www.azgs.az.g...lications.shtml <<This is a no brainer

#5 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,620 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:10 AM

http://www.azgs.az.g...lications.shtml <<This is a no brainer

Nice link weaver! Tks!

Rim

#6 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

I found another book in WIckenburg at a tourist info building run by the HIstorical SOciety( I believe) entitled

"TALES of the WEAVER MOUNTAIN Areas in Arizona TErritory"

by Sheryl Christie of the " No Bars Ranch" in Yarnell, AZ
ISBN 978-0-9817580-0-8, 1st printing (500 copies), 93 pages.

It's localized historical accounts/stories of mining and just everyday life "back in the day" . Just started reading it.

I will contact the author to get permission to post approved, brief portions from the book. At that point I can get some typing practice in...

#7 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Nice link weaver! Tks!

Rim

Yup, the AZGS website is fantastic trove of information. By comparison, CAlifornia's site pales...

#8 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,168 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:53 PM

http://mines.az.gov/...irc020gold.html

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#9 Steel Pan

Steel Pan

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,864 posts
  • Interests:Anything that will get me out of the house.

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

National and International referance info, eh?

State by state, country by country.

If ya been there, tell us about it.

The geology related facts only please.

Strip the sceenery out of the pics and

let us know what's underneith.

Heck, I wish I could aford it, I'd grab my AE-1,

my rock pick, and go myself. Pick a spot, any spot, I'd go.

I love that schmidt.

Did someone say "Andes"?  ; )

G-pa made me do it, he gave me my first "Steel" pan.

#10 melanievoita

melanievoita

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Rocks whether they be Caveman tools ,meteorites or gold ore ,Im looking to learn about these.I like laughing and positive thinking

Posted 17 November 2014 - 11:15 PM

reference section could be so great if I can ask all my questions there ?somehow If  we could keep asking questions  about rocks in one spot where people will continue to answer.without making a new post each time i feel kind of guilty knocking other peoples posts over with my trivial questions.but it seems like my  posts  end.I really appreciate being able to ask these questions here because its hard to look something up if you dont have the name .believe me i try too

.you know actually it seems like some of my rocks are un identifiable. would you agree there is rocks that are not known maybe in the records ? and dont you agree there might just be a publishable book

there unknown rock identification like an outside the box rock book maybe a collection of rocks and meteorwrongrites that cant be identified.me and the librarian were tripping that they dont even have like a book of metallic rocks or even a chapter where they are grouped together in the rock book . unless im wrong its really hard too research magnetic rocks that look like silver color metal when you make a window theres not really any available persons too not get shut down by if your interested in magnetic rocks that dont leave a mark on the streak test

i wish you wouldnt have said rock clubs nerdy because im too nerdy to get near nerds and still be so cool.

anyways i spose it would take special software or webpage design where people can post pics separetly with a place for answers inside the same post.you would probably want the answers separet e from the pics so people can scan the pics then check the answers like in the back of the book type thing

?i dont know it would answer a couple of my problems.or be helpfull atleast i feel like i am borderline bugger just thought id run this by you  i guess why i brought this up is because i have another question about a rock i found today

ill just ask you right here im sorry i dont put a ruler or beer in the my pics are spur of the moment this rock is about the size of a basketball then the close ups are little opal looking things that i didnt see until i zoomed in on the camera  its not a rock i see very often i have seen a couple before not this big or perfectly round.it looks worth bringing home doesnt it er no? its not extra heavy  or anything well i appreciate the input you give totally you seem really smart:)

Attached Thumbnails

• SAM_0515.JPG
  • SAM_0514.JPG
  • SAM_0513.JPG
  • SAM_0509.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users