• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,888 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

Now in stock at Nugget Shooter

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#2 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,142 posts
  • Interests:Caution: Reading Terry’s posts could cause involuntary evacuation or urination; erections lasting longer than four-hours; you may begin to feel gay or believe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body; rare instances of satanic worship and animal sacrifice have been reported.

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:06 PM

Pretty amazing machine! Thanks Bill!

#3 Mike C...

Mike C...

Team Nugget Shooter

• Premium Member
  • 1,690 posts
  • Interests:beepin gold

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi Bill looks like a cool beeper :head: Mike C... :ph34r2:

(((((((The Dweller on the Treshhold)))))))

>>>>>>>Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image<<<<<<<

#4 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,267 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Here is a link to some TID #'s for the minelab CTX3030 if interested.

http://www.findmall.....php?86,1731336

Rim

#5 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:45 PM

Thanks Rim....

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

#6 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:04 AM

Hey Bill; my sources say the 3030 is an excellent beach machine...also, one of my friends just bought one...he works old fiesta grounds (he is american native)...so those areas will certainly reveal the worth of this new machine...for coin hunting through the iron junk.
fred
Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.
I want to go my own way in peace, if possible.

#7 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

It is an amazing leap for detectors Fred....

#8 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

Nothing but rave reviews from Oz and my buddy mentioned above!

I was out Birthday shopping for my wife the other day, while in the area I stopped at a detector shop to look at the 3030. I had been told the ergonomics were much improved over previous Minlab detectors...I was very impressed! The unit seems light weight and very well balanced...good job Minelab!

I am confused about what is standard equipment...are the wireless set-up, the battery and headphones all add-ons? Just what is include for the base MSR?

fred
Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.

#9 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:10 AM

The detector comes with Koss UR-30 Fred and all wireless parts are included LI battery and Battery pack for AA.... A waterproof set of headphones would be the only thing you may want to add as an accessory down the road if working in the surf. Check with me before you buy as you qualify for a forum special....

#10 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks Bill...you the Man!
fred
Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.

#11 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 13,394 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:02 AM

In years past I've seen the machines that folks use on the beach and after about one year the machine is nothing but
a bucket of rust....so another great thing about the 3030 besides the electronics is the fact when you go home from
the beach just lean it up against the wall and hose it down with fresh water to get rid of the salt....

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#12 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Well, I have had my 3030 for a while...the machine is doing something more than any other vlf I have ever had...I found two silver quarters in three trips, the 1903 was near a sprinkler manifold, the washington silver was near two bits of pull tabs... 

I have since I got the 3030 found three or four silver dimes, many wheat pennies, a silver war nickel, a old buffalo nickel, tons of junk( because I am still digging all noniron stuff)

a very nice 18K gold plated bracelet and some other junk jewellry...

I can swing the detector for three or four hours without my poor weak arm falling off...

AND, I love the wireless mode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do I need all the other stuff that I have not used...maybe some day...oh, I love the clock too...

a real winner, MINELAB!!!

fred

Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.

#13 spa in nv

spa in nv

Copper Member

• Supporting Member
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
  • Interests:God, family, friends, being outdoors, and
    trying to find a little gold.

Posted 27 April 2013 - 07:45 PM

Thanks for the update Fred. I read earlier posts when some of you guys had gotten the ctx and was wondering how you were liking the machine. Been watching lots of youtube videos of guys using the ctx. Most are very impressed and a lot of these guys are experienced detectorists like yourself. Considering purchasing one.

A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold In settings of silver. Prov. 25:11

#14 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:03 PM

If you like to have the newest, brightest toy in the box...you really need one! Give Bill a call...it is worth your time.

fred

Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.

#15 mn90403

mn90403

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 1,097 posts
  • Interests:Metal Detecting, Deserting Exploring, Beachcombing, Travel, Billiards

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Fred,

This last trip to Nevada I used the Explorer SE Pro and had similar 'results' to my 5000.  Have you ever used the 3030 on general desert and meteorite hunting yet?

Mitchel

WSPA #32

#16 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

I have used mine in the desert many times with no problems and it handles the worst of soil conditions, but I have not used it for actual meteorite hunting. I have though now pulled 2 small nuggets out of very trashy washes normal gold nugget detectors would drive their owners nuts in.... Man allot of lead is in those large trashy washes as well though :grr01:

#17 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 3,616 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

I have used mine in the desert many times with no problems and it handles the worst of soil conditions, but I have not used it for actual meteorite hunting. I have though now pulled 2 small nuggets out of very trashy washes normal gold nugget detectors would drive their owners nuts in.... Man allot of lead is in those large trashy washes as well though :grr01:

So Bill are you saying the CXT is not able to distinguish between the lead and gold, like most detectors. 

God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#18 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

There is a slight difference, but also I am seeing a little of target fluctuation number wise depending on size of target, but I have not found enough gold in the "wild" to make any judgement, but will have to dig the lead regardless to be sure you are not leaving a nugget.

I really should take the time to put together a setting for gold, but time right now is hard to find and I need to take several sizes of nuggets and see what I can do.

More testing is needed, but no way will the CTX ever replace my GPX for general gold nugget hunting, but in high trash like most washes here it is proving an interesting experiment so far. Need to nail a big sucker to make me giggle....

Key thing is it handles the goldfield soils very well making mining camp hunting much more interesting.

#19 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 10 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

I played with my 3030 out at the Dale Outing, it did handle that ground and I picked some non-ferrous targets out of the nails and junk. I didnot take it over to the pure ironstone fields to try.I think a small coil and practice would produce some goodies from amonst the trash...For general nugget hunting or meteorite hunting I see no point in not using my 3500...if I had a 5000 that is what I would use...

I intend to start hitting the beachs soon...there are several bay areas that are full of nails and melted aluminum/foil to give the 3030 a real workout...

fred

Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.

#20 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:23 AM

Good hunting Fred and no the CTX could never replace my 5000 gold nugget hunting, but in those trashy old camps, and some of the large washes so full of trash it would drive me nuts using the 5000 I am seeing the CTX and a handy option to carry with me now on all trips :brows:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users