• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,215 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:12 AM

Well is it mighty hot in Arizona these days and we have 3 months of it to look forward to here in the central deserts... Trying to get in a little coin hunting here and there, but pretty hot for that as well.

Crap I feel cabin fever coming on and it is early yet....

When I was under 55 I would get out and hunt till it was blistering hot, but now that doesn't sound like much of a way to spend the day. Can't afford the darn gas to drive to the pines every weekend sooooooo......

OK yes I am pouting in Morristown.

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#2 Allen in MT

Allen in MT

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:18 AM

Well here in MT is is 53 this morning and looking like rain again, good sleeping weather, might have to dig out the detector and go to the lake and do some coin shooting. Going to be spending the 4th in the mountains again enjoying tri tip steak cannon shooting, rifle shooting and blowing up things.
enjoy

#3 Hoser John

Hoser John

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 4,202 posts
  • Interests:Dredging,detecting,scuba diving,kayaking,history,getn'n'trouble

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:20 AM

In dayz of old, when we were young and bold, untold riches kept us in the field just a huntn' and temps/conditions be damed. Now though I too do love the air conditioning and heater in the winter. Underwater makes heat bearable but not yet this year as just toooo busy as only gettn' in some detecting and due to spies can't post nuttn' anyhow--I too have the fever sooo bad I could scream--John

#4 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,649 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Detecting, Panning, Fishing and Other Weird Stuff!

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:36 AM

Yep, Toasty Here too. At 4000ft here it's still hitting 100f by noon.

Two of my Panning spots got toasted in the fire. Don't know if I want to waist the gas to go see what happened yet.

#5 Mike C...

Mike C...

Team Nugget Shooter

• Premium Member
  • 1,756 posts
  • Interests:beepin gold

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:59 AM

Well Bill I feel your pain :tisk-tisk:but not this week at least-I'm here in Sandiego for the week and the highs are in the mid to upper 70s perfect temps ' :thumbsupanim I'll be back to the hellish temps this weekend Mike C... :ph34r2:

(((((((The Dweller on the Treshhold)))))))

>>>>>>>Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image<<<<<<<

#6 TomH

TomH

24 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Interests:Old cars
    Metal working
    Making stuff
    Breaking stuff
    Trying to figure out how to fix
    the stuff I broke....Trying to figure out how I broke the stuff im trying to figure out how to fix!
    ML5000
    151 Drywasher
    Home built trommel
    Digging in the dirt for rocks, nails,bullets and rusty metal

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:52 AM

Im feeling your pain also Bill...
Im starting to get the itch to go out but like you say...its pretty warm out there.
I have trouble gettting out into the fields before 7 because I work until 1 am.
Trying to detect on 4 hrs sleep is rough.
You aught to buddy up with someone and go up north. Split the gas. Or I can throw you in the back of the 4runner when Dad and I go up! :) Even then Prescott area is getting hot and humid.
Tom H.

#7 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,484 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

Cabin Fever from the summertime blues ????
Yeah this is the 1st year I've had it really gettin to me. The BIG "60" this year.
Previous to this I was out bangin the ground without consideration for the temps.
The eyes especially aren't what they used to be almost stepped on a green earlier this year twice as a matter of fact. If it wasn't for the ol lady screamin at me because she saw it and I didn't
I'd a been like Unc Rons dog. No fun fer sure.
We need to invent a flexible bubble we can enclose ourselves with to maintain a comfortable temperature and still be out there in the field doin what we love to do.
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#8 oredigger62

oredigger62

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to geology or having a geologic base...from rock collecting to gold prospecting to meteorite hunting. Gold , Guns , and Gems. I am also an inventor . If it's on or in the ground i am interested. see me on facebook at : lewismiller62@yahoo.com

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

I'll be 50 next month and am having the best time in my life. I get off work and get home by 1PM , just a quick change of clothes and out i go. smash rocks or gather another load and back home by 5 PM... life is good. I stopped by the bank ATM on the way home and the sign was showing 114 degrees. Perfect weather , i didn't see one person while i was out digging. AWESOME !!! bring on the heat , it makes others stay away from my activities. I LOVE IT !!!! Just wish others could feel this good about it , i wish i could share.

#9 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:07 PM

Some day someone will find the Prune that is left of ya out there.

#10 campbell954

campbell954

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

Drywasher, generator and lights all packed. Going to head up at zero dark thirty and dig till its too hot. Take a nap under the shade of a ceder till afternoon, then set up the lights and generator. Dig all night. Pack up late Friday morning and head home. Well, that is the plan anyway. I am still counting the days to those cool October temps, where you can go all day long!!!

#11 adam

adam

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:02 PM

The heat certainly sucks....
Another forum member and I were out Drywashing in remote desert for 3 days straight this weekend, and not many breaks.... Thermometer read 112 around 3pm every day but I question its accuracy even though I had just bought it....

Heres a picture I took tonight during a thunderstorm down in Casa Grande.

Lightning6-27-12.JPG

#12 TomH

TomH

24 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  • Interests:Old cars
    Metal working
    Making stuff
    Breaking stuff
    Trying to figure out how to fix
    the stuff I broke....Trying to figure out how I broke the stuff im trying to figure out how to fix!
    ML5000
    151 Drywasher
    Home built trommel
    Digging in the dirt for rocks, nails,bullets and rusty metal

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

The heat certainly sucks....
Another forum member and I were out Drywashing in remote desert for 3 days straight this weekend, and not many breaks.... Thermometer read 112 around 3pm every day but I question its accuracy even though I had just bought it....

Heres a picture I took tonight during a thunderstorm down in Casa Grande.

Lightning6-27-12.JPG

Man, I dont know how you guys do it!
Got to give it to ya.
Cool pic of the lightning.
Did you get any gold???
Tom H.

#13 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 14,026 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

HF I liked your reply to oredigger62.....

All of you guys need to adjust your thinking a little.....

If at almost 70 I can beep at NIGHT in this jungle then most certainly you can beep the desert at night....

Just wear leg protection up to your knees and leather boots......be sure to get a GPS fix on your car

before heading out....

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#14 rockhunter1620

rockhunter1620

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Gold(& meteorites), Guns, Guitars, and Girls! (can I call this a 4-G network?)

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

To day were havin 96 degree day w/89% relative humidity, so it's gonna feel like it's over 100 degrees, it's now 9:13AM, it's a 2 hr. drive at 70mph on the interstate to my seasonal trout creek where I'm findin gold. But today is a week day and gonna be HOT outside so I dought any DNR will be willin to exit their airconditioned vehicle to walk 600-800 yds. through a skeeter infested, rugged forest just to say "Hi!" and to see what I'm doin. And my creek is in a 70 ft. deep ravine, completely shaded by the forest canopy, so when I'm there, I don't really feel the heat. I just feel it when I walk out of there to my car. So I should be fine, and probably not see a soul the time I'm there.
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves!

#15 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,662 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

So if you guys had some creme to put on that made you feel like it was 80 degrees outside instead of 115 degrees would you buy it? :hahaha:

Rim

#16 Mike C...

Mike C...

Team Nugget Shooter

• Premium Member
  • 1,756 posts
  • Interests:beepin gold

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:54 AM

You know guys when I had the fever like most of you nothing would stop me-now that I've been at it for a while with some success it does'nt matter anymore-I'm not going to cook my brains for a peice of gold-you all can have at it :nutty: Mike C... :ph34r2:

(((((((The Dweller on the Treshhold)))))))

>>>>>>>Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image<<<<<<<

#17 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,649 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

Years ago I had a Garrett ADS detector Stroke Out because it got so hot.

No the Batteries did not Spudge.

It got so hot I had to put a rag over the handle to hold and use it.

That funky Dark Green Color did not help.

Just something else you may want to think about.

#18 oredigger62

oredigger62

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 467 posts
  • Interests:Anything related to geology or having a geologic base...from rock collecting to gold prospecting to meteorite hunting. Gold , Guns , and Gems. I am also an inventor . If it's on or in the ground i am interested. see me on facebook at : lewismiller62@yahoo.com

Posted 28 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

Well i certainly hope i never get to the point where the heat bothers me. I am physically cold at 72 degrees , but the funny thing is that the warmer it is the more energy i have. Guess i am built for desert dwelling. If i dry up like a prune , it would be my own fault for hydration issues. At least i never have to shovel that cleveland snow ever again !!!

#19 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 14,026 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:02 AM

Amen Bro. 62 on never shoveling snow again......this town I live in is 88 years old and has NEVER had one flake of
the white stuff.....one day when El D. was here we had a sudden shower of marbel sized hail....scared us both so
bad we had to have another cold beer!!!!!

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#20 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,336 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

Supposed to get up to 107 today which is a record for this area. Probably hotter up here then down in AZ. Thinking about moving to Michigan where it's much cooler... :rolleyes:

Steve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users