#1 adam

adam

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

So,
Boulderdash and myself met up to get some serious drywashing done. The weather turned out to be better than anticipated, so that was a nice surprise. Put up a couple canopies to help with the heat , and were off and running. Three days straight of drywashing, and a little beeping. After long days like these, hiking back to camp for Icy cold beers in the evening makes it all worth it. :brows:

We ran a total of 209 buckets through the drywasher, and hiked over 5.73 miles (gps`d so no exaggerating) for the trip, carrying equipment and provisions into the area.
Enjoy the pics! :droolin:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,170 posts
  • Interests:Caution: Reading Terry’s posts could cause involuntary evacuation or urination; erections lasting longer than four-hours; you may begin to feel gay or believe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body; rare instances of satanic worship and animal sacrifice have been reported.

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:03 PM

Wowzers!!!! Congratulations!!!!! :thumbsupanim :wubu:

#3 weaver hillbille

weaver hillbille

Web Metal Detectionist Recruit

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Interests:cattle,soil mineral profiles,horticulture, wild russian hogs, bbq, "granitoidlian bouldercitacaeaous shinylicious baublite",Bellekeno,REdlake Mining Districts CANADA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:17 PM

HOly crap!

#4 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 3,032 posts
  • Interests:NuggetShooting, but it used to be "Younger Women, Older Whiskey"...That's how I stayed this healthy and handsome this long!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Wow Adam......Wat's the weight? Cheers, Unc
Posted ImageUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014
If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#5 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:51 PM

As I said before "Relentless".
Good job my friend.

Oh an by the way, any pics on what you 2 may have "beeped" there ???
Metal detecting ,Puffer Drywashers, Gold ,Meteorites, and Good Friends
These are a few of MY favorite things.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers
http://olyeller.wordpress.com/

#6 adam

adam

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:23 PM

Wow Adam......Wat's the weight? Cheers, Unc

Ron, I believe what is in the drywasher pic is 16.6 grams. The beeped gold kicked it up to a grand total of 21.4 grams.
I can thank Boulderdash for doing the cleanup, as he definately knows what he is doing...

Sorry Frank , I dont have any pics of the beeped gold.. Most of the time was spent focused on drywashing, as you can tell.

#7 homefire

homefire

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 5,538 posts
  • Interests:Electronics, Detecting, Panning, Fishing and Other Weird Stuff!

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:54 PM

Dang that was a good one . After all that you would have to scrape me up from next to the dog.

#8 ArcticDave

ArcticDave

Stranger in a Strange Land

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:12 PM

:droolin: Is right!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your trip Adam :wubu: Glad the hard work paid off for you guys.

That thermometer said 110 degrees. I'm with homefire... my @ss would be passed out in the shade with that highly intelligent dog :evil1:

Way to go man :miner:

Dave
Posted Image

#9 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:58 AM

I don't see a pile of empty beer cans anywhere !!!!! ????? :hahaha: :hahaha:

Just curious, did you guys rerun what came off the front end a 2nd time ?? I never trust a blower unit for 1 run.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers

#10 adam

adam

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:26 AM

Just curious, did you guys rerun what came off the front end a 2nd time ?? I never trust a blower unit for 1 run.

Sure did Frank, and even a third time if deemed necessary. That pic was taken after the second run. All the gold was in the first 2, and literally nothing in the others. In the Drywasher setup picture there are even a few tips for Keene 140 users.

#11 Goldfinger

Goldfinger

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 3,332 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:34 AM

I'm very impressed. :wubu: That's about 6 cubic yards in blistering heat. Not sure even I could have done that in my younger days. Heck, I couldn't even walk that far in that heat much less shovel all that dirt... Congrats.

Steve

#12 frank c

frank c

Platinum Member

• Premium Member
  • 4,456 posts

Posted 29 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

Great goin kiddo you made a good few days pay there and it looks like that was just a start in that area.
HAPY HUNTN FOLKS

Ol Yeller Drywashers
Custom Hand Operated
Drywashers

#13 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 29 June 2012 - 07:27 AM

Nice haul Adam and Boulderdash!!!!

duhhhhhhhhh........what does the blower do????? Do all dry washers use a blower?

Rim

#14 Mike C...

Mike C...

Team Nugget Shooter

• Premium Member
  • 1,730 posts
  • Interests:beepin gold

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:24 AM

WTG Guys :thumbsupanim Mike C... :ph34r2:

(((((((The Dweller on the Treshhold)))))))

>>>>>>>Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image<<<<<<<

#15 El Dorado

El Dorado

Proud Vietnam Vet

• Supporting Member
  • 6,613 posts
  • Interests:dredging for gold(still favorite but ?), camping, creating one of a kind jewelry. shootin' guns & finding whopper nuggets with my GPX

Posted 29 June 2012 - 08:26 AM

Wow......hard hot work and it even payed off! You guys earned it for sure!
El Dorado

#16 boulder dash

boulder dash

14 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 546 posts
  • Interests:LIke to get out in the desert where its quit,like to dredge,like to shovel rocks,like to roll rocks, like to pick up rocks,like all types of mining,like hot dogs over a fire,like playing the guitar and singing,like riding four wheelers,love not having a job

Posted 29 June 2012 - 01:17 PM

Ron, I believe what is in the drywasher pic is 16.6 grams. The beeped gold kicked it up to a grand total of 21.4 grams.
I can thank Boulderdash for doing the cleanup, as he definately knows what he is doing...

Sorry Frank , I dont have any pics of the beeped gold.. Most of the time was spent focused on drywashing, as you can tell.

. Adam we threw all the beeped stuff in the bucket for the final cleanup. So what we see in the dry washer is the full 21.4 grams. I have to give it up to Adam minelab for snagging the .4 grammar that my gold bug two missed due to very hot ground.Adama dry washer was running very well due to a few of our improvements. When we reran the cons I would say we recovered 99.9 percent in one run. Good dry washer Adam glad we were able to save it from being tossed over a cliff.

#17 rockhunter1620

rockhunter1620

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Gold(& meteorites), Guns, Guitars, and Girls! (can I call this a 4-G network?)

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:12 AM

Ya know? They say a feller ought to be willin to work harder fer himself, than fer someone else, and you fellers proved that beyond a doubt! Every gram was hard and well earned! Congrats! WTG! :wubu: :thumbsupanim
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves!

#18 rockhunter1620

rockhunter1620

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Gold(& meteorites), Guns, Guitars, and Girls! (can I call this a 4-G network?)

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:28 AM

Nice haul Adam and Boulderdash!!!!

duhhhhhhhhh........what does the blower do????? Do all dry washers use a blower?

Rim

Ya Rim, all drywashers use a blower of some type, it blows or puffs air from beneath, up through a screen in the bottom of the drywasher to keep the material (liquified) even though all yer material is, in fact, bone dry. And all this helps to keep yer heaviest elements on the screen, down low, and allows the lighter rock material to flow over the riffles, and off the machine onto a tailing pile as the machine shakes. I think thats how it all works, I'm pretty sure, one of you fellers correct me if I'm not on the mark, wouldja?
Good men learn to conquer others, Great men learn to conquer themselves!

#19 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,593 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Ya Rim, all drywashers use a blower of some type, it blows or puffs air from beneath, up through a screen in the bottom of the drywasher to keep the material (liquified) even though all yer material is, in fact, bone dry. And all this helps to keep yer heaviest elements on the screen, down low, and allows the lighter rock material to flow over the riffles, and off the machine onto a tailing pile as the mahine shakes. I think thats how it all works, I'm pretty sure, one of you fellers correct me if I'm not on the mark, wouldja?

Rock,

That's better then any other reply I seen so far...hahaha!!!!! Thank's for the info!

Rim

PS- Almost forgot I asked... :rolleyes:

#20 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,134 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:21 PM

That there is some mighty nice gold Adam! thanks for posting it!

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users