• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting for gold (sluicing, panning, micro sluice and blue bowl, looking to start metal detecting), spending time with my beautiful fiancée (especially prospecting with her!), snowboarding, spending time with friends and family, shooting guns (proud NRA member), music, and doing anything outdoors.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 09:44 AM

Hello everybody! I'm so excited to be here, great to be a part of a forum where everybody shares a common interest! I'm 20 years young, from Southern California, and I love to live the best of every day (I'm here for a good time, not for a long time). My passion is the hunt for color, nothing beats uncovering something that has been hidden for millions of years. I love the growth and learning aspect of the hobby as well. I spend a majority of the time sluicing and panning, cleaning up my concentrates with a mini sluice and a blue bowl. I've found some decent color lately, but have only been on a few outings with my fiancée. I would love to meet some other local prospectors and share knowledge, stories, and have a good time. I'm currently cleaning up a 5 gallon bucket of dirt from calico, California. I will keep everyone updated! Again, I'm glad to be a part of the forum, and I'm looking forward to learning and sharing what knowledge I already have. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions! Till then, big gold and God bless!

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

#2 El Dorado

El Dorado

Proud Vietnam Vet

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,609 posts
  • Interests:dredging for gold(still favorite but ?), camping, creating one of a kind jewelry. shootin' guns & finding whopper nuggets with my GPX

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, There are some great clubs down in your general area. I am sure someone here will direct you to them. Certainly would be a great way to meet many like minded people.......
El Dorado

#3 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting for gold (sluicing, panning, micro sluice and blue bowl, looking to start metal detecting), spending time with my beautiful fiancée (especially prospecting with her!), snowboarding, spending time with friends and family, shooting guns (proud NRA member), music, and doing anything outdoors.

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

I'm joining GPAA as soon as they open back up Monday, plus the local chapter of the GPAA called Route 66. Hopefully learn a few things, because I have a lot to pick up on! Thanks for the warm welcome el dorado.

#4 jackb

jackb

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:26 PM

Rather than waiting till Monday to join GPAA, you may want to take a look at their website asap. I received an email from them with a 3 day deal on new memberships and renewals. Offer expires Nov. 25 at 11:59 pm. www.goldprospectors.org/join Welcome :)

#5 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Hey thanks Jack, I'll have to look into that as soon as I'm off work.
Is it the 84.95 buzzard special? They offer that at my local prospecting shop, but I'll have to check out the website

#6 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,122 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Welcome to the forums and looking forward to hearing of your adventures man!

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

#7 Treasure Huntin Kelly

Treasure Huntin Kelly

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:Metal detecting for treasure and metals

Veterans: get the benefits you've earned!

Free assistance at Hadit.com

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

(I'm here for a good time, not for a long time)

I like your spirit - fine lookin lady you got there too and extra credit she enjoys coming along out in the dirt :thumbsupanim

Cali has some of the sweetest yeller rock in the country and you're on the right track.

All things being equal, I'd get that buzzard special from your local shop; good to keep some money local and be a favored face.

Also great idea joining local club; no need to make the same mistakes many of us have (although there's plenty of fun in doin it)
Here's me as a complete newbie trying to pan in Idaho mountains (and having the rushing river knock the material out of the shovel before I could get it above surface):

Posted Image

Oh- a lil chilly too.

Next thing you'll want to do is attend an outing - they're listed on the forums and you usually don't have to me a member of any particular club to attend.
Some of my fondest memories are around the campfire with these beautiful people.

Posted Image

Welcome to our wacky, wonderful world! :4chsmu1:

#8 jackb

jackb

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:45 PM

On the GPAA membership page I'm not seeing the lower price until I enter my renewal info. Since the offer is also for new memberships I guess you will have to enter your info and see what comes up. It's for 1 thru 3 years; 2 yr $102.40, reg. price $128.50. I tried to attach the GPAA email but no go but it does say 20% off on 1, 2, & 3 year memberships. Good luck!

#9 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Thanks bill, great to be here

They don't make em like that anymore, do they Kelly? I must've done something right to win her over!
I'm debating on which route I want to take for the GPAA. Also, I would love nothing more than to go on an outing with some people. I have that craving to get into a social environment and learn, hands on, with some extremely knowledgeable and wise people, just as yourselves. Here's a photo of what color I have found, it's not much, but it sure is nice to look at and think "I worked for this, and I'm the only one who has seen it in millions of years". Well maybe except now all of you have seen it as well hahaimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#10 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 13,887 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:39 PM

That gold is a good start OC.....and welcome to the forum.....best in the West....

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#11 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

Thanks garimpo, I just wish I could have some more of it haha. Not being greedy, just love the look of the stuff, I'll never sell it, not for any spot price. I think I'm a gold hoarder haha. Thanks for all the welcomes, makes me feel like I picked the right forum! I'm working on recovering super fines from my concentrates, been saving up all my black sands and what few blondes come with it. I have a blue bowl that I borrowed from someone, but I'm not planning on running it until I get some new classifiers. Ive heard that it wont separate right unless its all classified properly. As of now, I only have my 1/2 inch keene classifier, and a food sieve lol. Guess I spent too much money on my sluice box that I've used ONE time, and I guess I currently spend too much money on my girl, AKA my better half haha. Speaking of which, were going to go see the new Red Dawn tonight. Not too sure if it will top the original, they shouldve used the russians again in this one, but I guess the chinese is more of a realistic occurance...
Wolverines!!

#12 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,122 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

Thanks bill, great to be here

They don't make em like that anymore, do they Kelly? I must've done something right to win her over!
I'm debating on which route I want to take for the GPAA. Also, I would love nothing more than to go on an outing with some people. I have that craving to get into a social environment and learn, hands on, with some extremely knowledgeable and wise people, just as yourselves. Here's a photo of what color I have found, it's not much, but it sure is nice to look at and think "I worked for this, and I'm the only one who has seen it in millions of years". Well maybe except now all of you have seen it as well hahaimage.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

We do outings, just to meet. You are welcome to join us and all ya got to do is watch the forum for the next one....

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

#13 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'll have to take you up on that, Bill. You guys ever hit San Gabriel east fork together? There or randsburg?
By the way, saw the red dawn remake tonight, it isn't quite as good as the original, but still an awesome movie none the less. Highly recommended, but I recommend watching the first one, well, first!

#14 wet/dry mixer

wet/dry mixer

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:38 AM

Located in the central east part of Imperial County, California. Have access to several placers. Have a drywasher that saves all gold without screening and very little dust, and completely manual. Would like to share 50/50 on the gold for help on the digging,pushing 70 years, and dry cramping. Interested?

#15 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'll private message you and well see if we can maybe figure something out!

#16 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 11:50 AM

OC,

Welcome to the forum to you and your fiancée!!

Nice looking start to ya'll gold fever adventure!!

Skip
God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#17 OC Prospector

OC Prospector

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:32 PM

Thank you skip, I got bit by the gold bug about a year or 2 ago, the lady is just getting her first symptoms of gold fever
I think she hated it until she found a bigger picker than I've ever found. She's so competitive, I think that's what got her goin haha
I gotta be blessed though, not a lot of people can find a woman like her

#18 wet/dry mixer

wet/dry mixer

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Posted #14 on the 25th. OC Prospector replied on post #15 and sent PM. I responded back to them with directions where to meet on 1st Dec. OC responded back on 28th Nov, and I responded back with more details, but never recrieve any response back. I informed my friend Don, who lives near me about my offer to OC on the 29th of Nov. I went to my diggings Satuday and did not see Don until today. He asked me how things went with the young couple, and I told him they did not reply back. Then Don stated that he spent Dec. 1st & 2nd in Blythe CA, and the word going around was a young couple disappeared near 29 Plams over last weekend.

Have any on this forum hear from OC Prospector?

#19 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 3,030 posts
  • Interests:NuggetShooting, but it used to be "Younger Women, Older Whiskey"...That's how I stayed this healthy and handsome this long!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

Holy Cow!!! Keep the forum posted on this ... Unc
Posted ImageUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014
If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#20 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,122 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

Just checked his profile and he has not been active since the 25th November... Hope all is OK with them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users