#21 chrisski

chrisski

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
  • Interests:Desert Prospecting, Drywashing, Recirculating, Detecting

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I haven't recovered much gold but the best recovery has been though the gold wheel.  I run three sizes through it and clasification is very labor intensive, so I'll only use the wheel when sampling or running two gallons of concentrates.  My three batches I run are -100, -50 and -20.  Bigger than that I'll pan.  I also run each batch through twice.  THe first to get the black sand, and if its more than I can pan easily, I'll run through a second time to get the gold.  I've used this for drywash concentrates, but not for my wet wash concentrates.  So far my Gold CUbe and 10" sluice has not gotten enough concentrates to run through the wheel.

#22 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cleaning gold, R/C air planes, making anything my imagination can come up with.

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

i live by classification and jetdry or soap. the simplest rules bring the best results.   

#23 nvchris

nvchris

24 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Gold magic sluice !

Chris Porter,

President  WesternStates Prospecting Association 
WSPA member 106

detectoraid.com

#24 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:R/C Heli's Lightning Ford Truck Multi Rotor Uav's Aerial Photography and Video Hang out with my wife and go to beach.

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

Give me a link to this Gold magic sluice.

#25 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cleaning gold, R/C air planes, making anything my imagination can come up with.

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

my vote go's to the wheels that have a hole in the center of the wheel giving your gold somewhere to go 

#26 shep

shep

24 Karat Gold Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts
  • Interests:Trying to find the cure for gold fever

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

Bought one of the first ones out back in the early 80's- the gold hound. Bowl was s/s and had a rubber mat w/ 3-4 pickups. Cleaned the  8" dredge out every day. Screened material down and picked and panned that; everything that went thru a kitchen seive went into the goldhound. Ran material thru first pulling black sand and gold out then second time pulled the gold out. Could you pan it all faster? maybe but not sitting in an easy chair and beer in hand! It paid for itself in a little over a week. Sold it maybe 15 years ago and bought it back about 4 years ago. Grooves have lost their sharp edges but still works well with a beer still in my hand!

Shep

Going to see the Elephant

#27 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:50 PM

classification and feed rate is key!!!!!!!!! do this and any wheel will out do a pan. stay tune to my latest  up dates's to the feeder and gold table and a highbanker with a trammel  topper??????????????????   I am thinking this is all one needed to clean gold and get 92% of what you have dug up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or a gold cube would work to make super cons like I use  the fox. it is all about having control over what your doing................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................    

#28 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:R/C Heli's Lightning Ford Truck Multi Rotor Uav's Aerial Photography and Video Hang out with my wife and go to beach.

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:00 PM

Gold Cube and Blue Bowl will be here this week.

All i have left is a sluice.

And it looks like i am going to make one with Gold Hog Mat.

#29 goldfever01

goldfever01

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

I prefer the Le Trap, then Pan. No better way to get it all. Gold wheels are eye candy IMO

#30 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Could i get a link to the Le Trap.

Thankyou

#31 Au Seeker

Au Seeker

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

The Le Trap is sold by many different vendors, the manufacturer which I think is Jobe doesn't sell to the general public.

http://jobewholesale.com/

God, Family, Friends, and Gold

#32 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

I am glad i did not buy a spiral wheel, and bought Blue Bowl and Gold Cube.

Gold Cube and Blue Bowel works so much better.

Was up at a GPAA meeting and lot of people watched demo with spiral wheel and it does not even come close to Gold Cube and Blue bowel.

You can run WAY WAY WAY more material with a Gold Cube and Blue Bowel.

Wheel was like watching grass grow.

#33 Alaskan James

Alaskan James

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Interests:Looking for GOLD with my Best friend Arctic Dave!

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:29 AM

Le Traps are great!  Arctic Dave has one and I personally use the Angus MacKirk/Camel brand.  Dave and I both like it in some ways better because of it being a stiffer plastic with practically no flex and two flat aluminum bars to lay a rock to hold it down.  It is also the drop riffle type.  It is one of the best sluices I've owned and ALL the gold stays within the top 3 to 4 riffles or so.  You can get them in just about any length that you want, I've seen some around 8 feet long.  They are also using them in dredges with Great results.

#34 Hoser John

Hoser John

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts
  • Interests:Dredging,detecting,scuba diving,kayaking,history,getn'n'trouble

Posted 26 March 2013 - 06:09 AM

My 30 + year mantra has been utilized by many 10s a thousands-ifn' it ain't got a hole through the middle it ain't worth a diddle-double runs mandatory and triple preclassification as pontificated previously. Lotza work as you still gotta run the 75-300 mesh through the blue bowl to get it. You can make anything work to some extent and NUTTN' EVER CAME CLOSE TO THE ORIGINAL GOLDHOUND-the innovation of the wheel design,too bad he went back to the coal fields as starved with gold equipmwnt mfg. Turned down buying patents just like blue bowl too--just money and cuts into my mining time so 2 LL with it,working shows and rubbn' elbows with liars,thieves and politicos I'd rather shoot than meet and greet- baaaaa gone mining,like yesterday,and it was gooooooooooooooood-John

Edited by Hoser John, 26 March 2013 - 06:11 AM.

#35 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am making three sluice's for me and 2 friend's.

4' 6" main sections with 4' extension's. out of 0.65 Aluminum 9"wide.

Using Gold Hog Mat.  UR   Scrubber and the new Razorback.

Hard to beat what is working for thousands around the world.

Ran across a few old timer's and they are having great success with this mat.

They also use Gold Cube and Blue Bowel, we like what's working right now with them.

They do not use spiral wheels anymore because the Gold Cube allow's you to run way way more material. 

Seams i fell into a few guys that are all on the same page.

I know there is other stuff that works great but this is where i am at for now.

#36 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:59 AM

In my eyes the Cube  and gold Wheels are stay at home equipment for finale clean up. They both require to much classification to be productive in the field. Me I like to move yards why'll at the river not classifying a few buckets why'll you should be running dirt seems like better time management. Plus there's more gold in  yards than a few buckets. But if you dont have a highbanker or a sluice box and want to keep the cost down I would say the cube is the best bet but you'll be limited to the size of gold you can process to i beleave  1/8 rock the cube handles but I think the cube would allow you to move more dirt at the river than a gold wheel dose unless its  Keenes miner's big wheel. Hmmm I haven't seen a miner sized cube yet but who knows. the cube dose fantastic on any size gold smaller then 1/8 and that's  most of the gold to be found anyway.  but for me I'll give up the speed on the small stuff and keep my wheel being if I ever fined a good place that offers up lots of pickers and I get tired of panning them I'll use the wheel for what it dose best putting clean picker sized gold in your cup clean then use the wheel to super concentrate my 20mess and smaller to run on the table or a blue bowl.

The cube with a trommel topper I think could be pretty productive at the river.. after using a trommel topper I'll never go back to much time lost cleaning grizzly bar's and or punch plates instead or running dirt.

I havent seen the blue bowl or a cube on any of the gold shows yet unless I missed an episode but I did see the Christen Rose crew using a wheel for more than one season and saying they use it to get the small stuff. it looked like they where making super concentrate with it. so if the small wheels can keep up with a sluice box the size of the Rose's it should keep up with my shovel and little highbanker. heck to have any fun any more I have to go out at least 10 time to get enough sluice cons to have any fun cleaning it at home 

they all work if used as designed and all have a give and take just depends on the task at hand I try to look at them all as tools.  if I want to cut a straight line in a sheet of plywood I'd use a  Festool panel saw  not a skill saw although both will do the job and give the same results if one knows how to use the tools. One day I will add the cube to my tool chest tell then I'll use the wheel like a skill saw . I just have to take my time be carefull and keep it steady   

#37 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

I agree.

Thanks for Info.

We are looking at building a field trammel clasifier or using them under our High Banking sluice's.

3/16 is what has been going threw the Gold Cube.

20 mesh is where we had problem with blue bowl, will keep at it thow.

I seen the cube on the show tonight   Bearing sea   up in Nome ak

#38 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

yep watched it today on DVR and there it was being used the cube Nice!! One day I'll get one but I still want to make the highbanker longer and use gold hog matting witch means I'll need a second pump to pick up the 800 gph my signal pump is falling sort on for gold hog matting. 

I built my trommel for under a 100 bucks but i already had the control box and the highbanker top with most of the pluming. I used a rubber maid like trash can from wally world 4.97 6' of 3/4 flexible pipe 3.99 at Lowes a robotic motor off ebay 8.99 + shipping 20 bucks on the extra PVC pluming and the rest I had in the shop Epoxy duck tape screws and two Easy Starter R/C air plane wheels and a bit of the Polycarbonate plastic left over from the highbanker top build. The key to keeping the Trash can rigged was to fill the Flexible pipe with Epoxy after getting it installed with duck tape then I came back and put a few skrews in it to hold it in place and removed the tape then I drilled the holes. I got 20 5 gallon buckets of 1/2" rock ran and the motor is still hanging in there so far 

#39 gtxkid

gtxkid

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:29 AM

Thats cool.

Lets see some photo's

#40 jarrod

jarrod

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thats cool.

Lets see some photo's

I could try and pull some photos off my videos but here's some video's of the trommel and I think a bit of how I use my gold wheel for -30 mess being that's what I find

test run video. I got another 20 buckets run after this video I think Its ready for a trip back to the honey hole in denver 250 miles away you'll see why I'd brake ice to run some rocks soon but first we must dig !!!!!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users