57 replies to this topic

#1 ArcticDave

ArcticDave

Stranger in a Strange Land

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I finally broke down and popped the question...and she said yes!

I have commissioned El Dorado to make the engagement ring I got a pic yesterday, and it is gorgeous. :thumbsupanim  Thank you Steve!!!! He was able to use some of the gold I had found back in Alaska to make the band and setting.  Could not be happier with the results :4chsmu1:

We are not sure on the date yet, it may take a while to save up enough money to do it right. At 40 years old and the first time...I want it right and the last time. If a few of my nuggetshooter friends could attend, so much the better :2drink:

Dave
Posted Image

#2 Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,959 posts
  • Interests:NuggetShooting, but it used to be "Younger Women, Older Whiskey"...That's how I stayed this healthy and handsome this long!

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:16 AM

Congratulations, you two!!!  Many happy years together! ... Cheers, Unc

Posted ImageUncle Ron's Custom Arizona Gold Finding Maps for 2014
If you want to cut days, months or even years off of finding that next gold nugget, look only for the nuggets with your name on them

#3 The Found Dutchman

The Found Dutchman

10 Karat Gold Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:33 AM

Congratulations!!!!! :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim :thumbsupanim  I'm sure you two will make a wonderful couple.

#4 grubstake

grubstake

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,361 posts
  • Interests:nugget shooting,metaldetecting for goodies

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

Congrats, wife and I are working on our 21st year. Grubstake

GOLD IS NOT ALWAYS WHERE YOU LOOK! BUT IT IS ALWAYS WHERE YOU FIND IT!
Behind the GPX5000
US Army 1966-1973
Viet Nam 67-69 91B20

#5 SLNugget

SLNugget

10 Karat Gold Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • Interests:Gold, Nature,Wild West Tall Tales
    Motorsports, Blues Music

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

Congrats to you guys. Glad to see you going for it while yer still just pups. You can look forward to many more happy years together.
Au 2 U
Stan

#6 fredmason

fredmason

Platinum Member

• Supporting Member
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

Congratulations and happy ever afters!!!!

fred

Fred Mason
WSPA 28

I don't want to lead.
I don't want to follow.
I want to go my own way in peace, if possible.

#7 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,526 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

That's way cool dude!!! I think ya'll make great partners. Like 2 peas in a pod. Congrat's Artic and Zoey!!!

#8 Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob

Bush Doctor

• The Banned
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

Oh man! Congrats Dave and Zoey!

I wish you the best and I know you are going to make a great pair.

What a cool thing. Lots of peple tying the knot these days. It sounds like you know a good thing when you see it and are going about it right. I bet you two make a great team and this will put the icing on the cake!

What are your wedding plans? I am an ordained Universalist minister, Rabbi, Catholic Bishop and part time voodoo witch doctor. I have done a couple of weddings and can offer my services as a man of the cloth if needed.

I am pretty booked up for the next few weeks doing circumcisions and shrunken heads but will make time for you guys if you decide you need me. Heck, I can even do an E Ceremony on Nuggetshooter for you! I have expelled demons and put both curses and blessings on people here. I am pretty sure I can make a marriage stick...

...even if you decide on another officiant l will provide the graven images and ceremonial smoke for the subsequent celebration.
Rock me right.

#9 ArcticDave

ArcticDave

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

Here is a pic of the outstanding craftmanship of El D.....

index-2_zpsf317dad2.jpg

BB....if you want to officiate, we would be honored. We are thinking in the spring so a ways out yet. The thought was to wait until until spring of '15, but if we can do it this coming spring so much the better! All depends on finances.

Edited by ArcticDave, 03 September 2013 - 09:29 AM.

Dave
Posted Image

#10 garimpo

garimpo

Original American

• 13,695 posts
  • Interests:gold-gold-gold

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:46 AM

Outstanding work El D. 

AD the cost of a marriage license is very little....I should know I have a stack of them  :112: , hopefully you'll never need the exit

certificate, that can get a little hairy. :thcongratsflwrs: 

If it beeps--dig it!! Garimpo

IN GOD WE TRUST

Never squat while wearing your spurs

Never leave the house naked....always carry!!!

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

A GUN is LIKE a PARACHUTE. IF YOU NEED ONE AND DON'T HAVE ONE YOU'LL PROBABLY NEVER NEED ONE AGAIN !

#11 Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob

Bush Doctor

• The Banned
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:08 AM

My advice...give her a wedding and not just a marriage licence. Just two cents from a guy that has realized some things you just can't scrimp on

The standard oath is "until death do us part". Regardless of what the papers say a wife is forever...for better or for worse. I have had two. The marriage is no longer but that is only a legal status. That oath goes a lot deeper than the clerk's seal. Love, children and life just can't be undone that easy and commitments made in marriage are permanent...even if the paper may not be.

My son and his wife wrote love letters to each other before their wedding. They put these in sealed envelopes with two.wine glasses and a bottle of wine. The box was locked and I have the key. If they ever decide to split the sheets they must get the key and open the box. Drink the wine and read the letters.

The words on the marriage certificate or divorce decree are meaningless crap. The words in those letters are sacred between them. Our future is all depending on their (and your) success. It is so much more important than just two people getting together or drifting apart. Love is just a lot bigger than that and it involves a heck of a lot more people than just two.

Just some advice from a full time father and part time shaman. Take it for what it may be worth.

Edited by Bedrock Bob, 03 September 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Rock me right.

#12 ArcticDave

ArcticDave

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:12 AM

My advice...give her a wedding and not just a marriage licence. Just two cents from a guy that has realized some things you just can't scrimp on

Amen to that!

Dave
Posted Image

#13 Rimshot

Rimshot

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 2,526 posts
  • Interests:Target practice, gardening, enjoy taking pictures of wildlife, fixing up my property, and love to bs with friends.

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:03 AM

Here is a pic of the outstanding craftmanship of El D.....

index-2_zpsf317dad2.jpg

BB....if you want to officiate, we would be honored. We are thinking in the spring so a ways out yet. The thought was to wait until until spring of '15, but if we can do it this coming spring so much the better! All depends on finances.

Man that makes my eyes pop out....wtg El D!!! I love it!

Edited by Rimshot, 03 September 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#14 Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob

Bush Doctor

• The Banned
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:37 AM

I am assuming the center stone is sapphire and Zoey's eyes are blue?

It is a beautiful ring. I can't recall seeing any of Steve's faceting but that may be because I was stunned and amazed by the gold and did not notice any faceted stones.

Do the stones represent something in particular? Do their placement or type have some special significance? What are those stones on the side?

I like it a lot. The ring itself looks like the front end of a Studebaker Gran Tourismo all sleek and contoured. And the yellow gold and blue stone is so much more earthy and cool than the gaudy white gold and clusters of diamonds. With gold you have mined and an artist like Steve creating it it is quite a powerful symbol.
Rock me right.

#15 Arctic Zoey

Arctic Zoey

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:Arctic Dave

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

I am assuming the center stone is sapphire and Zoey's eyes are blue?

It is a beautiful ring. I can't recall seeing any of Steve's faceting but that may be because I was stunned and amazed by the gold and did not notice any faceted stones.

Do the stones represent something in particular? Do their placement or type have some special significance? What are those stones on the side?

I like it a lot. The ring itself looks like the front end of a Studebaker Gran Tourismo all sleek and contoured. And the yellow gold and blue stone is so much more earthy and cool than the gaudy white gold and clusters of diamonds. With gold you have mined and an artist like Steve creating it it is quite a powerful symbol.

My eyes are hazel but Sapphire is my birthstone and blue is my fav color.  My big gripe about most rings is I break them cause they are tiny foo-foo things and get caught in my hair.  This ring looks like it'll outlive me and it won't get caught in my hair!!!   My grandmother had a ring slightly similar and actually when I find it- I believe i will ask El to fix it.

#16 Arctic Zoey

Arctic Zoey

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

It is white gold because I look better in the silver tones than the gold but in that light it looks gold.  Gold color draws away from my natural coloring and I rarely do makeup.

#17 Patrick in Havasu

Patrick in Havasu

24 Karat Gold Member

• Supporting Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting, dirt roads, sunsets and sunrises. And looking after Shep .....

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

WHY WAIT?.....Tie the knot at the Gold Basin outing this November.

You will have a great audience !!  Maybe even a few asses....er, donkeys that is.

Patrick  .....

Can you imagine what Leonardo da Vinci could have accomplished if he had some "balin' wawr" (wire), a tube of super glue, and a roll of duct tape ?? "I started out with nothin', and I've still got most of it left" ..... Sea Sick Steve

#18 Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob

Bush Doctor

• The Banned
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Thank you for indulging me ma'am. It has been a pleasure to speak with the sensible hazel eyed bride to be.

Hazel eyes are a sign of royalty in my neck of the woods. In Apacheria you are a queen. My hat is on the ground and I am honored. A thousand horses to you!!

Edited by Bedrock Bob, 03 September 2013 - 12:27 PM.

Rock me right.

#19 Bedrock Bob

Bedrock Bob

Bush Doctor

• The Banned
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

We could do a prospectors ceremony on the rocks. Maybe like a temporary restraining order...only effective until the big wedding is done. We would not want to detract from the proper ceremony that is due.

I am down for anything as long as I can speak fake Latin and wear my big pointed Pope hat...
Rock me right.

#20 Arctic Zoey

Arctic Zoey

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 12:43 PM

WHY WAIT?.....Tie the knot at the Gold Basin outing this November.

You will have a great audience !!  Maybe even a few asses....er, donkeys that is.

Patrick  .....

While My sweetie has never been married- I do have a failed marriage under my belt and I want to do everything right this time.  The last time- I picked a green one so this time I feel good about my choice as Dave is seasoned enough for me but still young enough to be fun!! 

Our families wouldn't be able to make Nov.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users