• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,163 posts
  • Interests:Caution: Reading Terry’s posts could cause involuntary evacuation or urination; erections lasting longer than four-hours; you may begin to feel gay or believe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body; rare instances of satanic worship and animal sacrifice have been reported.

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

Thought this was interesting..

https://www.youtube....h?v=zUeNozYadNU

#2 49goldrushtradingpost

49goldrushtradingpost

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

I enjoyed the video....nice to see some have a vision of finding gold and are doing it. !8 Kilos ....dang !! lets form a group of forum members and do a trip to Faso.....I want some of that gold ..

#3 pennigold

pennigold

Silver Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:I love being outside doing just about anything. I'm a Cattle Rancher, I've worked sense I was 9, worked very hard to be where I am and have never expected anyone to give me any thing. I love my family, I love America and pray that we can find the way back to the once great nation we were!

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:20 PM

That was interesting!

Now I know why I'll be purchasing all my equipment from Bill S.

That guy near the beginning of the show dry panning with the big brass bowl sure was spinning some dirt.

#4 Reno Chris

Reno Chris

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,277 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:26 PM

Guys - I've been to Burkina Faso and found gold there. The country is the same size in square miles as Nevada, with more than 10 times the population.

An interesting place indeed, and lots of gold too. But not a place for tourists.

Everyone speaks French or some of the local African tribal dialects. Virtually no one speaks english.

Parlez-vous Francais?  If not, you will need a translator to even order food in a restaurant.

Just as a point, the ground in the goldfields is not too hot for a VLF, though there are some hotrocks. There is trash spread everywhere, some places in the gold fields there is heavy trash all over. If I return (and its a good possibility) I'll be using a good VLF. The nugget I found (we spent very little time actually detecting) was detected with a GB Pro.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bururkina01.jpg

Edited by Reno Chris, 24 January 2014 - 10:26 PM.

Reno Chris

"So I learned then, once for all, that gold in its native state is but dull, unornamental stuff, and that only low-born metals excite admiration with an ostentatious glitter. However, like the rest of the world, I still go on underrating men of gold and glorifying men of mica. Commonplace human nature cannot rise above that." -- Mark Twain

Chris' Prospecting Encyclopedia
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm

#5 Hoser John

Hoser John

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 3,920 posts
  • Interests:Dredging,detecting,scuba diving,kayaking,history,getn'n'trouble

Posted 25 January 2014 - 06:38 AM

I have some friends who have gone to Sierra Leone for many years detecting and dredging. Africa is sketchy and human life cheap,diseases galore and definately for the younger set. Although ol' Grubstake(not this one here) has gone over many times and has some nice diamonds and gold but takes years off your life doing it.....John

#6 El Dorado

El Dorado

Proud Vietnam Vet

• Supporting Member
  • 6,471 posts
  • Interests:dredging for gold(still favorite but ?), camping, creating one of a kind jewelry. shootin' guns & finding whopper nuggets with my GPX

Posted 25 January 2014 - 08:12 AM

Chris, looks like you made some good friends too!
El Dorado

#7 Reno Chris

Reno Chris

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,277 posts
  • Interests:Prospecting

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:03 AM

In Africa I was a very old man. Because of disease, poverty and the fact there are very few doctors or hospitals, most people die before they reach my age.

The average age of the population in the USA is like 37 - because most of us live about twice that long, into our 70s or 80s.

The average age in Burkina is around 20 - because most people die when they reach their 40s.

Hence, at age 55, I was a very old man.

Reno Chris

"So I learned then, once for all, that gold in its native state is but dull, unornamental stuff, and that only low-born metals excite admiration with an ostentatious glitter. However, like the rest of the world, I still go on underrating men of gold and glorifying men of mica. Commonplace human nature cannot rise above that." -- Mark Twain

Chris' Prospecting Encyclopedia
http://nevada-outback-gems.com/prospect/chris_prospect.htm

#8 Dig It

Dig It

Copper Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 11:27 AM

A very eye-opening video.  Looks like the pictures of the old gold rush days in the USA, everyone claiming a little patch of ground to dig.  

#9 adam

adam

Platinum Member

• Nugget Shooter Members
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:00 PM

Nice to see that they are able to enrichen their lives

#10 Bill Southern

Bill Southern

Platinum Member

• Admin
  • 10,016 posts
  • Interests:Nugget Shooting, Gold Prospecting, Harley Riding, Chicken Ranching, and Gardening with too many more to list...

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:57 PM

Loving that Chris.... COOL

Don't think too much, you'll create a problem that wasn't even there in the first place.

Be Sure To See Nugget Shooter For all your MINELAB, COILTEK and other Metal detecting needs!

"A detector sitting in a closet only finds dust..." Jim Straight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users